The Gemini Girls

Upon discovering my close friends and I all had 'Gemini' birthdays in the 6th month of the year, and that our birthdays were all 6 days apart, (6th, 12th, 18th) we became 'The Gemini Girls'. We have used that excuse for years to get together for breakfasts, shopping and whining about husbands sessions.

When one of us (Reggie, 34 years old) was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, the rest of us Gemini Girls swung into action to support her. We went to every checkup, both rounds of chemo and radiation appointments with her, were there in the hospital for her lumpectomy, and eventual double mastectomy and reconstruction surgeries.

We cleaned her house, fed her family, and most of all celebrated the many positive things and wept with her over the disheartening times. After more than three years of harsh treatments, she is cancer free today, and we celebrate even more! The 'Gemini Girls' know how to have a good time.

The first photo is 6/2005, celebrating our birthday, and the end of Reggie's 1st 6 month round of chemo and radiation. Second photo is about a year later, celebrating no more chemo! The third is a year later, cancer free and still celebrating our birthdays!

By Kathy

The Gemini Girls

The Gemini Girls

What a wonderful friendship you all have. I have a few friends like this and we enjoy such wonderful times! Glad to hear she is cancer free, my only sibling died last year of cancer and I regret that I couldn't spend more time with her before she died. Your friend is very blessed to have such supportive friends. God bless you all. :-)

That is wonderful so glad. I had a sister that had breast cancer she was in remission for 19 years, however I lost her in a car wreak 5 years ago I miss her so much

Brava to the Gemini Girls! All of us should be so blessed!

Thanks for sharing your inspiring & special friendship and great picture's!

Photos InspirationalDecember 13, 2010
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
A girl with a mohawk.
Mohawks on Girls
Little Girl in Cheerleader Costume
Making a Cheerleader Costume
Little Girl Dressed in Fairy Costume
Making a Fairy Costume
🎄
🍂