Lightening Blonde Hair With Peroxide

My hair is already blonde but I want the ends to be even lighter. Is it possible for me to use only peroxide on it to make it lighter?

By Blanch

Best Answer

The safest and gentlest way to do it is use the 3% volume peroxide you buy in the brown bottle at the pharmacy and mix a 50% peroxide with 50% plain water in a water bottle. Spray your hair after washing it, comb it through and then dry your hair as usual. It will be a gradual lightening but since your hair is already blonde it won't take long before you see the lightening effect.

I have not tried this myself personally, but my mother told me when she & my aunt were in high school, they couldn't afford hair color, so they would use peroxide to dye their hair. They are both naturally dark brown, and they said it worked. (I've seen pics where their hair was lighter...) They also used to use irons to straighten their hair before flat irons! LOL. Good luck!

Buy some Sun-In spray. Not expensive at Walmart & it Works! Good Luck. : )

You could use John Frieda blonde products. They really bring out the blonde highlights.