Goulash

• 2 Tbsp. margarine
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion or 1 Tbsp. minced dried onions
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes (16oz.)
  • Ad
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 2 tsp. sugar
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3-4 cups (measure dry) noodles
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1/2 cup ketchup

Directions:

Cook onion and celery in margarine until tender. Add ground beef. Add salt, pepper and oregano. Brown meat and drain. Boil noodles in 2 qts. of lightly salted water for 8 minutes. Liquefy tomatoes in blender. To the browned meat mixture add tomatoes, sugar, ketchup and drained noodles. Stir and simmer until heated through and ground beef is thoroughly cooked.

By Robin from Washington, IA

June 30, 2010 Flag

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 4 cup tomato juice
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
  • season with salt, pepper and garlic salt

Directions:

Brown hamburger, onion, salt pepper and garlic salt. Add cooked macaroni, tomato soup and juice to hamburger and simmer 15 minutes. Serves 4.

By Robin from Washington, Ia

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 23, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 small green pepper
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 7 oz. cooked macaroni
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

Brown hamburger, onion and green pepper in a large skillet. Drain off excess fat. Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly. Serves 5. Very good.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 4, 2009 Flag

I would like to get a goulash recipe.

Kim from Altamont, IL

Answers:

Goulash Recipe

This is mine and it has been in my family for years.

This recipe is pre-canned spaghetti sauce. It was made with stewed tomato's in the old days and seasoned to taste. If you didn't like say, onions, you leave them out and just add a couple tsp. of onion powder instead. Some people like chopped green pepper but I think you must cook the green pepper longer or it is too crunchy and strong flavored. The mushrooms are optional also. This is great with bread and butter on the side and tastes great the next day as well.

Put a large pan of water on to boil with a tsp of salt in it. In a large non stick frying pan add a tablespoon of oil and minced garlic. I buy the kind that is already minced in a jar. Add the ground beef and onions, mushrooms to frying pan over medium high heat. Keep it moving in the pan as you brown the beef. When beef is no longer pink drain grease. Set aside.

Boil macaroni according to package directions, drain. put back in pan and add hamburger mixture, the tomato's and sauce. Heat till hot but don't boil.

Serve with grated parmesan cheese and bread and butter. Yummm!
(01/06/2009)

By Keleeemo

Goulash Recipe

My recipe is basic that my mother used to make with her canned tomatoes. Her tomatoes had celery, onion, and green pepper in them. I use either 2lbs of ground chuck or 1lb of ground chuck and 1 lb of sweet Italian sausage (Bob Evans around here).

Brown meat with onion, celery, and green pepper. Add spices and diced tomatoes and half of the can of tomato juice. Let simmer. In the meantime cook your 16oz package of elbow macaroni until just tender. Drain macaroni and add to sauce. If macaroni absorbs a lot of the sauce, add more tomato juice to keep from getting to dry.Reheat through or you can bake it in a baking dish and it will bake the flavor into the pasta.

Very tasty with the celery and green pepper. A little is enough to give it flavor. (01/06/2009)

By suremajic

Goulash Recipe

I just got this in a newsletter yesterday (arcamax healthy recipes) and it looked good.

Hungarian Beef Goulash

1: Place beef in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Crush caraway seeds with the bottom of a saucepan. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the beef with the spice mixture and toss to coat well. Top with onion and bell pepper.

2: Combine tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer. Pour over the beef and vegetables. Place bay leaves on top. Cover and cook until the beef is very tender, 4 to 4 1/2 hours on high or 7 to 7 1/2 hours on low.

3: Discard the bay leaves; skim or blot any visible fat from the surface of the stew. Add the cornstarch mixture to the stew and cook on high, stirring 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley. (01/07/2009)

By Anna

Goulash Recipe

I an the 10th of 11 kids. My mother use to make this.

Cook ground beef with the onion add oregano and garlic. Drain. In a big pot, cook the macaroni drain. Return to pot. Add the beef and onion. Add the tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes. Salt/pepper to taste. Add the butter on top. Put lid on the pot, simmer about 20 minutes.

Mom always served bread and butter with this. (01/15/2009)

By melanie67

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 4, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 2 lb. ground beef
  • 2-3 cups uncooked macaroni
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 can mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 qt. whole canned tomatoes and juice
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 Tbsp. garlic salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp. oregano
  • 1 can tomato paste

Directions

Cook macaroni until tender. Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add all ingredients to large soup pot. Cook on medium low for 30 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 4, 2009 Flag

I am looking for a good Goulash Recipe. One that isn't bland tasting. If anyone has a great recipe they would like to share I would love to try it.

Tina from Mesquite, TX

Answers:

Goulash Recipe

This recipe has been around awhile. It's grandma's
she just turned 92. Hope you like it.

Goulash

• 1 lb. Hamburger
  • 1 regular can Tomatoes ( I get chopped or stewed)
  • 1 cup Macaroni
  • 1 or 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon Chili powder (I like Williams)
  • 1/2 green Bell pepper, Chopped
Salt and pepper to taste.

Fry hamburger, celery, onion, bell pepper on

medium heat until meat is done. Add tomatoes and
1 can of water with the rest of the ingredients. Cook
until macaroni is done. Add more water if needed. (03/08/2007)

By Grandma Bess

Goulash Recipe

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of vegetable ABC soup
  • 1 can texas or pork'n beans
  • Brown and drain ground beef. Add all of the cans and simmer to warm. Serve with biscuits. Can be doubled and frozen.
    (03/09/2007)

By JIM

Goulash Recipe

There are a couple good ones on www.ramblingspoon.com (04/06/2007)

By Julia

Goulash Recipe

Serves/Makes: 6

• 2 pounds beef chuck
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 2 onions, white or yellow
    • 2 tablespoons lard or shortening
    • 2 tablespoons imported sweet paprika (most important to use real Hungarian paprika for ultimate flavor)
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 1 Qt. water
    • 4 peeled and diced potatoes
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

**Egg dumpling batter:**

• 1 egg
  • 6 tablespoons flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Directions:
    This recipe is courtesy of June Meyers.

Here is a recipe for authentic Hungarian Goulash I learned to make from my grandmother and mother who were from Austria-Hungary. Every family has its own version of Goulash. My family would NEVER consider tomatoes or green peppers or other spices in Goulash. Some other dishes would have tomato or green pepper, but not Goulash. Slow cooking is the secret and you can never use too much paprika. I like to use 3 tablespoons. Hope you enjoy this dish, I have been raised on it. Regards, June Meyer.

Cut beef into 1 inch squares, add 1/2 tsp. salt. Chop onions and brown in shortening, add beef and paprika. Let beef simmer in its own juice along with salt and paprika for 1 hr. on low heat. Add bay leaves, water, diced potatoes, black pepper, and remaining salt. Cover and simmer until potatoes are done and meat is tender.

Prepare egg dumpling batter:

Add flour to unbeaten egg and salt. Mix well. Let stand for 1/2 hour for flour to mellow. Drop by teaspoonful into Goulash. Cover and simmer 5 minutes after dumplings rise to surface. Serve hot with dollops of sour cream.
    (08/30/2007)

By George

Goulash Recipe

Here's mine:

• 1 lb gr sirloin
  • 1 lb gr chuck
  • can petite diced tomatoes
  • sm can tomato sauce
  • med onion, chopped
  • green pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 C brown sugar
  • salt
  • pepper
  • paprika
  • Hot Shot (black & red pepper mix)
  • 16 oz box Piccolini

• Saute onion and green pepper in 2 tbs olive oil
    Brown ground beef
    Add rest of ingredients

Cook Piccolini until al dente then add to beef mixture.

Serve with side salad and crusty bread (07/12/2008)

Goulash Recipe

This is an adaptation from my mom's receipe and you can make it stove top in a large skillet. I have a husband who grew up on authentic Hungarian goulash (his parent's are from Germany) and it passes his test too. Enjoy!

• Ground beef (as much as you want to make---1 lb min)
  • 1 diced green pepper
  • 1 diced med white onion
  • 1 sm can tomato sauce
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 soup can water
  • 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
  • pepper to taste
  • salt to taste
  • elbow macaroni--approx 1/3 as much as beef
  • -cook macaroni and drain while browning ground beef until light pink over med heat

-drain 2/3 liquid off ground beef

-add onion, green pepper, tomato soup, water, tomato sauce, garlic, and spices and simmer together frequently stirring over medium heat until onion and pepper tender.

-lower heat to med low and add macroni and stir until throughly mixed and macroni takes on sauce color

I serve with a loaf of oven heated garlic or sour dough bread. Great the next day reheated too.
    (11/22/2008)

By Vicki

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 7, 2007 Flag

I am looking for a recipe for a goulash that my father-in-law is craving (he is now in a nursing home, and does not eat very much). I would love to find this for him, my mother-in-law used to make it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Goulash Soup Recipes
    Goulash Recipes
    Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceJune 30, 2010
    Guide
    American Chop Suey
    American Chop Suey Recipes
    🐰
    🍀
    © 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 3:32:16 PM on 10.0.1.89 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.