Goulash

• 2 Tbsp. margarine
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion or 1 Tbsp. minced dried onions
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes (16oz.)
  • Ad
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 2 tsp. sugar
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3-4 cups (measure dry) noodles
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1/2 cup ketchup

Directions:

Cook onion and celery in margarine until tender. Add ground beef. Add salt, pepper and oregano. Brown meat and drain. Boil noodles in 2 qts. of lightly salted water for 8 minutes. Liquefy tomatoes in blender. To the browned meat mixture add tomatoes, sugar, ketchup and drained noodles. Stir and simmer until heated through and ground beef is thoroughly cooked.

By Robin from Washington, IA

June 30, 2010 Flag

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 4 cup tomato juice
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
  • season with salt, pepper and garlic salt

Directions:

Brown hamburger, onion, salt pepper and garlic salt. Add cooked macaroni, tomato soup and juice to hamburger and simmer 15 minutes. Serves 4.

By Robin from Washington, Ia

November 23, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 small green pepper
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 7 oz. cooked macaroni
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

Brown hamburger, onion and green pepper in a large skillet. Drain off excess fat. Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly. Serves 5. Very good.

By Robin from Washington, IA

June 4, 2009 Flag

I would like to get a goulash recipe.

Kim from Altamont, IL

Answers:

Goulash Recipe

This is mine and it has been in my family for years.

This recipe is pre-canned spaghetti sauce. It was made with stewed tomato's in the old days and seasoned to taste. If you didn't like say, onions, you leave them out and just add a couple tsp. of onion powder instead. Some people like chopped green pepper but I think you must cook the green pepper longer or it is too crunchy and strong flavored. The mushrooms are optional also. This is great with bread and butter on the side and tastes great the next day as well.

Put a large pan of water on to boil with a tsp of salt in it. In a large non stick frying pan add a tablespoon of oil and minced garlic. I buy the kind that is already minced in a jar. Add the ground beef and onions, mushrooms to frying pan over medium high heat. Keep it moving in the pan as you brown the beef. When beef is no longer pink drain grease. Set aside.

Boil macaroni according to package directions, drain. put back in pan and add hamburger mixture, the tomato's and sauce. Heat till hot but don't boil.

Serve with grated parmesan cheese and bread and butter. Yummm!
(01/06/2009)

By Keleeemo

Goulash Recipe

My recipe is basic that my mother used to make with her canned tomatoes. Her tomatoes had celery, onion, and green pepper in them. I use either 2lbs of ground chuck or 1lb of ground chuck and 1 lb of sweet Italian sausage (Bob Evans around here).

Brown meat with onion, celery, and green pepper. Add spices and diced tomatoes and half of the can of tomato juice. Let simmer. In the meantime cook your 16oz package of elbow macaroni until just tender. Drain macaroni and add to sauce. If macaroni absorbs a lot of the sauce, add more tomato juice to keep from getting to dry.Reheat through or you can bake it in a baking dish and it will bake the flavor into the pasta.

Very tasty with the celery and green pepper. A little is enough to give it flavor. (01/06/2009)

By suremajic

Goulash Recipe

I just got this in a newsletter yesterday (arcamax healthy recipes) and it looked good.

Hungarian Beef Goulash

1: Place beef in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Crush caraway seeds with the bottom of a saucepan. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the beef with the spice mixture and toss to coat well. Top with onion and bell pepper.

2: Combine tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer. Pour over the beef and vegetables. Place bay leaves on top. Cover and cook until the beef is very tender, 4 to 4 1/2 hours on high or 7 to 7 1/2 hours on low.

3: Discard the bay leaves; skim or blot any visible fat from the surface of the stew. Add the cornstarch mixture to the stew and cook on high, stirring 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley. (01/07/2009)

By Anna

Goulash Recipe

I an the 10th of 11 kids. My mother use to make this.

Cook ground beef with the onion add oregano and garlic. Drain. In a big pot, cook the macaroni drain. Return to pot. Add the beef and onion. Add the tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes. Salt/pepper to taste. Add the butter on top. Put lid on the pot, simmer about 20 minutes.

Mom always served bread and butter with this. (01/15/2009)

By melanie67

June 4, 2009 Flag

Cook macaroni until tender. Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add all ingredients to large soup pot. Cook on medium low for 30 minutes.

January 4, 2009 Flag

I am looking for a good Goulash Recipe. One that isn't bland tasting. If anyone has a great recipe they would like to share I would love to try it.

March 7, 2007 Flag

I am looking for a recipe for a goulash that my father-in-law is craving (he is now in a nursing home, and does not eat very much). I would love to find this for him, my mother-in-law used to make it.

Goulash Soup Recipes
Goulash Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceJune 30, 2010
Guide
American Chop Suey
American Chop Suey Recipes
🎄