Cleaning A Dried Pet Stain

My puppy left an awful stain on my carpet! I've cleaned it up and even shampooed the spot but there is still a dark stain. Any ideas how to remove it? It's already dried and I'm not sure what to use.
Thanks.

Melissa from Arizona

I've read that you can use Hydrogen Peroxide to remove stain on clothing, fabrics and carpet. I've never tried it as I have cats and keep their litterbox on tile floors, but it might be worth a shot.

I've read that Hydrogen Peroxide gets stains out of carpet, fabric and such although I've never tried it. I have cats and keep their litter box on the tile floor to avoid mistakes like them having a mess outside the box, but I've read about HP being a great stain remover in a number of sources so it might be worth a try and is inexpensive and good for other things as well.

I use a stain remover called GET SERIOUS. It gets out stains that have been there for several days. I like it because it also removes the scent. If you don't get rid of the doggy scent, they most likely will return to it for a repeater. I have never used HydroPeroxide, sound like a good idea, but I don't know if it would remove the scent, which is just as important as removing the stain.

My dog left two dark spots on a pink oriental rug and nothing worked at removing them. I bought a Bissell SpotBot and it took every bit of it out. Everyone with a pet should take a serious look at this.

http://www.bissell.com/Products/pro ... 811A3604CC9784ED86E75&%23=Detail

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

Once upon a time, it was posted on here that a mixture of 16 oz hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and a few drops of dish detergent (for scent) will remove stain and odors. After 3 couches, 2 mattreses and innumerable carpet sections, I can attest to the value of this mixture. It's saved us hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in mattress and couch replacement, to speak nothing of the carpet messes.

The baking soda counteracts the bleaching action of the hydrogen peroxide, yet it still removes stains and odors effectively.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJuly 12, 2007
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 10:28:41 AM on 10.0.0.42 in 998 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.