Release Your Inner Child

I am 56 years old. Snoopy and the Peanut Gang are my favorite friends. Every day, I must buy a toy for myself because my childhood was so beautiful, it's so difficult to part with it. I also surround myself with many small kids and throw parties for them on Christmas, Easter and Halloween. I am not a grandmother yet. However, nothing will change when I become one. I will still buy toys for myself. I created space to see my collection. This is only one side of the room that you are seeing. Please release the child in you and set it free. You have no idea how happy you'll become.

By Mae from Washington, DC

Release Your Inner Child

Good for you, Mae! I am 54 and still act like a child sometimes! I have some of my own stuffed animal toys also, but have a hard time keeping them from my grandchildren! But most of all, it's the "childlike" attitude that we have that will cause us to live longer, I believe. I am a cancer survivor and have never felt better than I do now -- I attribute it to the Lord first, but second, to my attitude on life. I love to laugh and can always find something to laugh at, if not at myself!!! Keep up your wonderful outlook on life!

For Mae & Linda and all the other "children" out there: I, too, have a collection. It started at Christmas of 1977 with one teddy bear and has grown to over 50 bears, 8 cats, 5 rabbits, a few ducks, 2 koalas, 1 'roo, 2 pandas, and a raccoon. Oh, yes, an otter! It's an unusual trip from which I return without an addition. Except for the ones friends/family give me, I only adopt those that "speak" to me. I really wish no one would add to my collection because I need to feel a connection, but I don't wish to seem ungrateful. My animals can be so comforting with the drama of everyday life. I'm now 76 and have an understanding husband! Cay from FL

I collect children:

the ones at school (I'm a teacher)

sponsored kids through World Vision (they don't take up house space but they do take up heart space)

and my own adopted one.

Also, children at heart like YOU, friends!

Cantate

I like kids too, and I know what you mean by collecting toys. I have my own collection of outdoor/tactical gear and edged "toys" (better to be thought of as tools). I like knives, always have and always will. Some people would dispute as to whether they could be thought of as toys because "kids don't own knives and guns" but I do (and did as a child) and to me they are a great source of enjoyment. I don't just collect them, I carry and use a few on a daily basis. I don't have any "safe queens" because I don't have the money to spend on super expensive knives, but the ones I have I enjoy using.

They are my toys, along with other outdoor gear.

So I agree completely; it's good to have some sort of "toys" in your life:)

PMZ

Oh yeah, I still have some of my teddy bears and stuffed animals and I also have a collection of tin soldiers/nutcrackers that I add to every year. Every Christmas we get them out and line them up on our mantlepiece or on the radiator. I think I have twelve or thirteen of them now, very nice ones.

PMZ

Thank you Mae, I needed that. Also thanks to all who replied. I enjoyed reading them. I was always too busy taking care of everyone else's needs. I do like to write. I'm ill right now but when I get well I will get back to the book about a 33 year old woman in 1940 that designed and built a house for her family. She went to the 4th grade in Belfast, Ireland. She was a remarkable woman. Can you imagine 1940! Her husband had lots of faith in her. She was my Mumma. Juanita

I can totally relate. I collect toys too. I am 46 years old, never had kids. I collect Hello Kitty items. Disney (Dumbo) (Bambi) (Thumper) are favorites. Beany Babies. SNOOPY is one of my favorites too. My husband thinks I'm weird but that's ok. I think he's weird.

Has anyone else received E-mail from Europe saying that your E-mail address has won a million dollars in pound notes? Is this a scam or what. I have received several notices on this< Janiem

Editor's Note: I've been getting these for about a month now. Its a scam. If you actually won a million dollars, they wouldn't contact you by email.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Hello Mae!!

I am competing in a public speaking competition at school and my topic is releasing you inner child..

You are a perfect example of this..

Much appreciated

Photos InspirationalJune 28, 2007
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
A man and woman in nerd costumes.
Making a Nerd Costume
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
🎄