Preparing Graham Cracker Crumbs for Holiday Baking

In cleaning out my food pantry yesterday, I found that I had three unopened boxes of graham crackers. I was surprised since I usually do not stockpile things. Rather than waste the crackers and the money it cost to purchase them, I decided to make graham crackers crumbs for pie crusts.

I began crumbling them up with my hands in the unopened sleeves. In the process of crumbling, the ends came open. So I decided after crumbling them to pour the crumbs into zip lock sandwich bags. One bag would hold the entire sleeve. I flattened them out and took out as much air as possible.

I then put all of them into an air tight plastic container and popped them into the freezer. I found a recipe for making a 9 inch pie crust online and put the recipe into the container as well.

Now I am ready to make pie crusts at the drop of a hat. And I won't have to go looking for the recipe either! With the Holidays just around the corner, I am ready for any cheesecake or creamy pies requiring graham cracker crusts! Also, I won't have to run to the grocery store looking for those crusts either.

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

A graham cracker.
Freezing Graham Cracker Crumbs
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 9, 2008
Cracker Crumbs on Wooden Cutting Board
Using Cracker Crumbs
cheesecake with graham cracker crust
Dessert Ideas With a Graham Cracker Crust
Graham Cracker Crust
Diabetic Graham Cracker Crust Recipes
Cheesecake with a graham cracker crumb crust.
Saving Money on Graham Cracker Crumbs
🎉
🎄