Make Your Own Recipe Box With Recycled Cardboard

My recipe file was too full! I like to collect good recipes. I could not find a larger recipe box so I made a larger box with a big popcorn box. The kind that have 15 bags of popcorn in it. I took an empty box, cut it so it is as deep as the index cards (a little deeper than the recipe cards). I put all my recipes it in and have room for more.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

Great idea! That reminds me that as a young teenager...I used to use empty tissue boxes to store special papers that I wanted to keep. Right now I'm using one to keep desk supplies under control.

Laundry powder containers are great for this sort of thing, also. My daughter used to decorate them and put her notes and important memorabilia in them when she was in high school.

Way to use what you've got!!

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Organizing RecipesFebruary 16, 2009
Couple looking at recipes both online and using recipe box
Saving Recipes
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Robot Costume made with cardboard boxes
Costume Ideas Using a Cardboard Box
🎉
🎄