Choosing the Right Bra

I am looking for a new bra and I could use some suggestions. I am a 38 B and I feel a little too large for my athletic frame. I do not like a snug fit across my chest for my shirts.

The bra I wear all the time is so worn out that I can't even read the brand on the tag. It seems most of the bras in the stores for my size are lift/push up like bras and that is not what I want. I also do not want a sports bra (have a million of those and it's not what I need).

Any suggestions? Thank you!

By Susie

I would recommend going to a department store where they have an expert to help you find the right fitting bra. Some of these stores only have the expert available at given times, however, where I live it is always advertised in their ads that come out in the paper.

Your best bet is to go to a store that will give you a fitting. Most of us wear the wrong size! (And just because you get a fitting, doesn't mean you are obligated to buy bras there.) If you don't have a ladies' shop in your area that does that, the lady with the secret's store will do that. A nice bonus in going to the popular chain store is that, once they determine your size, they bring you a bin of all the styles of bras they have in your size so that you can see what it is that you DO like. You will not be disappointed. Once you know your actual size, and what kind of bra you like, you can shop for good prices.

The best thing for you to do is to get a professional fitting in order to get the right size bra. Every one changes sizes, so a size that you could wear last year, won't fit this year. Our shoe size also changes within time.

I've recently purchased some new bras myself at a Bally Hanes Store and a very knowledgeable female manager helped me to pick out the right bras for me. It's very difficult for me to find the right bras since I've highly allergic to polyesters. I either have to wear 100% cotton or I can wear nylon but no polyesters.

I also wanted to say that the manager who fitted me at the store said that all bras in the same size won't always fit the same. Depending on the brand name, you might take a certain size, then when you try on another one, you might take a slightly larger or smaller size.

And if you don't want to do that, check out Hanes Comfort Flex.

The Angel Bra is endorsed by Susan G. Komen Org. It supports all sizes in the properly.

Learn more at the link. I do not sell this and am not involved in the selling process. However, it is a great bra especially if you have breast cancer in your family history.

http://www.ardysslife.com/HealthyBreasts.aspx?ID=women+and+men+of+purpose

I agree with the fitting advice that everyone else has advised. Most women are wearing the wrong size. I would then suggest you find a name brand outlet store. Branson Missouri is closest to me. I am sure you can google them. They have thousands of bras in every size and style. You should have no trouble finding the style and fit you are looking for. I have purchased name brand, stylish bras there for $5.00 and less.

I found this set of bras in cotton that are very comfortable and fit perfectly..no wires to poke, straps don't slip down, bra doesn't shift and ride up either. I'm a larger size and finding a flattering bra is nearly impossible...but I feel like I won the jackpot with these! I'm giving you the link...and I will also mention that according to the picture, the bra isn't really cut that high in the front. It's a little lower and doesn't show when I wear a U-cut top or anything. Here's the link:

http://www.womanwithin.com/Product. ... FF-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

Take a moment to read their instructions on how to measure properly. The cups are very generous on them...but oh, how I love the comfort of the cotton! (And for those who even wanted to sleep in them, perfect for that, too!).

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 17, 2011
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Renewing Vows in a Wedding Dress
Choosing a Dress to Renew Your Vows
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Choosing a Stroller
Tips on Choosing a Stroller
🎄
🍂