Saving for the Wedding

Before our daughter got married, we charged her room and board once she had a job. However, instead of spending it we saved it without her knowing it. When she finally began her wedding plans, we had that money to help with expenses. One of the biggest savings was that I made her wedding gown. Also, friends chipped in to make the flowers.

This is a picture of her with her father waiting to walk down the isle.

Sewing a Wedding Dress

Top Comment

Beautiful!

The dress looks great. Good job!

Top Comment

Your wisdom warms my heart!

WHAT WONDERFUL PARENTS YOU ARE AND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE GIVING A DAUGHTER A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING - EVEN ON A BUDGET. I GAVE MY DAUGHTER A WEDDING ON A BUDGET AND USED IDEAS FROM OTHERS; IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL AND MEMORABLE OCCASION.

I WILL PASS THIS IDEA ALONG TO SOME FRIENDS WITH DAUGHTERS.

THANKS!

Your daughter's wedding dress is beautiful!

We just started that very same thing with our son. I have a savings account at the bank with my name and then the word "blue" because his room is blue. Our other son's room is GA bulldog colors, so when he gets of age, I will do him the same way. Since my son is a boy, I thought it would give him and his new wife, if he ever gets married, a head start.

What a gorgeous wedding gown!

I just wanted to let you know how beautiful your daughters dress is. You did a wonderful job on it. The lace is an extremely nice touch. Your daughter should be very proud. I have made 4 in my time so I know the work it takes.

Thanks ladies for all the wonderful compliments. I really enjoyed making the gown. After all our other 4 children are BOYS! LOL!

Judy(bjptl)

What a shame that some people have to mess things up for others. A "rotten apple" spoiles the barrel so to speak. Shame on you who have been trying to put offensive material on our web site! remember "What goes around comes around"

Judy(bjptl)

Editor's Note: I'm assuming this is in reference to our Guest Post notice. You'd be surprised what people try to post. Occasionally something gets through my sleepy eyes so make sure you let us know if you see something inappropriate.

Great post. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

OMG this photo brought 'goose bumps & tears' to me just looking at how beautiful the dress and your daughter are... the father looks right proud too. I pray that all goes well for the newly weds...I know you and hubby are so proud!

Saving Money for a Wedding
Saving Money for a Wedding
Weddings PlanningJuly 19, 2006
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄