Burgundy Paint Didn't Work Out

I have painted a wall in my bedroom a dark burgundy color. 5 coats later it still looks bad. It has roller marks everywhere. I have given up. Any tips on how to get rid of the color now? The carpet is blue and the other walls have a slight pink tone to complement the burgundy.

Elaine from NY

I would feather over it with the other color. You need to mix it with a glaze. It should lighten it and you wont see the streak marks of the roller.

When you paint with a dark colour, you must always use a primer, dark if a dark color and light if a light colour. You would not believe how much of a difference it makes. To cover up the burgundy, you must use a light heavy duty primer. My husband is a professional painter and he taught me this.

Why not try to keep the color that you have? Buy some glaze and mix it in with the paint that you have left then you can sponge paint, rag roll, or use a feather duster dipped in your glaze mixture and dab it all over the wall. You will have the color that you liked and the paint techniques will help cover up the roller marks.

What is the gloss on the paint? You may want to try a flat gloss. I painted my kitchen / dining room barn red and started with an eggshell gloss which looked TERRIBLE. I bought another gallon of paint in FLAT finish and repainted it - it turned out perfect!! It took 2-4 coats total to look even. The paint was "Behr" brand from Home Depot. However, I have been most impressed with the quality of ACE brand paint. Good Luck!!

In regards to the rag painting. Why don't you just use the pink colors from the other 3 walls and rag paint over the burgundy wall? Then you'll still have the burgundy showing through without the roller marks!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceDecember 14, 2006
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Burgundy Carpet
Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
🎉
🎄