Cleaning Soot From Gas Stove Off Dishes

Soot from my gas stove has gotten all over my skillet. I've never had this problem before in the two years I've had a gas stove. When I put the pan in the dishwasher, the soot got all over the dishes. After running them through a second time, the soot is still there. How do I get it off - and how do I keep this from happening again? I've always had an electric stove before.

Arker from Ark.

before you use the pot or pan, put liquid dishsoap ont he bottom of it including when you camping folks.

I one had a purcolator for camping that was blackened the person that gave it to me didn't want it any more.

I took it camping and rubbed the dishsoap all over teh bottom and sides of it and when I went to wash it at the end of the camping trip. The old and the new soot came right off of it.

It works on wood stoves and gas too.

Try it!

First.... A properly adjusted gas burner doesn't produce soot... If your burner is producing soot, it is also producing Carbon Monoxide.. Carbon Monoxide is a DEADLY SILENT KILLER... Get your gas company to come and check your burner today... PLEASE Don't let this continue....

Not sure this will work but try putting a couple of pieces of your dishes in the dishwasher and remove the rest. Add 1/2 c. household bleach to the bottom of the dishwasher and run it through. If that works you can wash the rest of the dishes that way. Another thing you can try is TANG the breakfast drink. Add 1/2 cup in the dishwaher and run that through the whole cycle. Good Luck

It could also mean your stove was not converted if you are using LP gas. The stove may have been used with natural gas, or if new, was not properly switched to LP.

Make sure your stove is properly set for LP use, if you are on LP.

If your pans are aluminum the bleach will turn them black. I turned a cookie sheet black with bleach. If they are stainless steal the dish soap works or spray with a little oven cleaner and rinse in the sink, will bring off all black stuff.

House Fire
Cleaning Dishes After a House Fire
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJanuary 28, 2005
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling