Using Saved Greeting Cards

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do with old birthday cards, mother's day cards, etc.? I get them every year and I hate to throw them out. I try to hold on to the more meaningful ones but I still hate to throw out the others. Thanks for your help.

Kathleen from West Hartford, CT

I don't see why you couldn't take the cards and arrange them on a board, tray and put a protectant seal on it. That way you could use it for serving or as a decorative piece in your home. You could possibly take a picture frame and arrange them for display. Good luck!

Computerlady

have you considered donating them to nursing homes so the residents can use them in crafts.

I cut the fronts off then mount them with white glue or glue sticks to a piece of cardstock to reuse all over again!... They are great for school art projects, as teachers are always looking for something new & inexpensive to do in their class. They also make wonderful puzzles if you mount them to a piece of chipboard, then seal with mod-podge then cut out the puzzle pieces.

Thanks everyone. Your suggestions are great. I guess I needed a little jarring of the brain to awaken my creativity. Again thanks! Kathy

I use to work with children at a school program. We would have the parents bring in old cards and envelopes. We would have the children make a new card and send them to soldiers, veterans hospitals, nursing homes, meals on wheels, etc. The children learned how to recycle, be creative, give a others joy. Let the children do the spelling. This is what makes it so precious.

I cut the picture out and wrap it in plastic wrap, then it makes a great center piece for a birthday or holiday cake.

love the ideals so far

Take a card and matte it and frame it. this is nice way to save it and use it I did one up from a post card for parents anny. old post card with the year they were married on it and framed it. They loved it. When you frame your cards you can bring them out at the time of season, and then put them away later.This way you get to see them and you can smile and remember.

Using Old Christmas Cards
Uses for Old Greeting Cards
Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 4, 2008
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
🎉
🎄