Mocha Shakes

My family loves the Mocha shakes we get at Dairy Queen, etc., but at $3.50 a pop for a small, it's way too expensive! We've improvised at home, and now the Mocha Shakes are the favorite drinks of the house. Easy!

For a blenderful:

• 1 cup leftover coffee (cold)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 cups chocolate ice cream
  • Generous amount of Hershey's chocolate syrup

The best part, you can add or take away from this recipe and make your own mix, add fruit, chopped cookies, etc. Better than spending the money! Yum, yum!

By KLJohn from Crawford, CO

Sounds great! A couple of things you might want to try: either use espresso (if you have an espresso machine) or make the coffee double strength. Consider using half & half instead of milk, and instead of chocolate syrup try unsweetened cocoa powder (you won't need much of this). Hershey's is good but if there is an ALDI store in your town they have their own brand, I like it just as well, and it will save you money.

BTW I'm no shill for ALDI and I've tried a few of their products I won't buy again, but generally their store here saves me a bundle and I have seldom been disappointed with the quality. I buy my cocoa, semisweet chocolate morsles, sweetened condensed milk, flour, milk, butter, half & half, sugar, walnuts, pecans, etc. from them (as well as meat and produce) and a lot of this stuff is much cheaper than the other local stores. I bake a lot of brownies using a great Hershey's recipe and I realized a few weeks ago... everything I was using in them was ALDI brand stuff! Every-Single-Thing, right down to the baking powder.

Again, I'm not shilling for them but if there's one in your town you might want to check it out. Thrifty Fun is about saving money and this place saves me a lot.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Ice CreamFebruary 20, 2007
starbucks sign
Saving Money at Starbucks
Mocha Pie
Mocha Pie Recipes
Mocha Pudding Recipe
Mocha Pudding Recipe
Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes
🎉
🎄