Little House on the Prairie Gift Ideas

My son is 8 years old. In his class they have been studying "Little House in the big Woods" I think that is what Little House on the Prairie is based on. He has to make a Christmas gift for another child that would be relative to that time, or something homemade like they did. I have NO IDEAS! Please help me.

Thanks,
Jennifer from Jackson, TN

I found these suggestions on the internet. Hope it gives you some ideas.

INDOOR GAMES (or activities that were not as active)

spinning tops

Jack Straws

hand shadows

I Spy

hot and cold

charades

ball and jacks

marbles

checkers

cards

Tic Tac Toe ( Xs and Os)

Cat's Cradle (string games)

You could make your own checkers using cardboard for the gameboard and rocks for the checkers.

You could make the Tic Tac Toe gameboard and make the Xs and Os out of household items.

Good luck.

How about a sock doll. It is something you and your son could do together and would be really fun.

Little House In the Big Woods is one of the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. She live in the Big Woods before she moved to the prairie. The big woods is in Pepin, WI about midways up and very near the Mississippi River. The prairie is in Minnesota, near Sleepy Eye and Walnut Grove.

Now for a toy--my Grandpa used to make these cool Jumping Jacks. I was going to tell you how to make them , but I would have to see it again at my Mom's house.

But, a simple project for your child might be to make paper dolls and paper clothes for the dolls.

It's me again. I googled Jumping Jacks and found a cool site that tells how to make one. To Build a Jumping Jack check out http://www.osv.org/kids/crafts14.htm

or google for it yourself

Have Fun!

Hey, me again. I tried the web address I gave you and it didn't bring up what I wanted, so I tried again. You could google Old Sturbridge Village Kids and find the Jumping Jack and other crafts (and Games) for kids. I am sure your son would love to make the jumping jack and will probably want one fo himself , too.

How about some "from scratch" cookies or homemade candy?

So, what did you and your son end up making? Just curious. I think this is a very good project for the teacher to have assigned.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceDecember 12, 2006
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Coneflowers (Echinacea)
Dividing Coneflowers (Echinacea)
🎄