Product Review: Dyson DC 23 Turbine Head

Product: Dyson Canister Vacuum

Model: DC 23 Turbine Head

Manufacturer: Dyson

Cost: $234.50

I have bought the Upright Ball Animal Dyson vacuums for myself and as a gift for my daughter in the past. I love Dyson, that is until this fiasco.

The Dyson DC 23 Turbine Head was on sale - it's normally $399.00 and I got it for $234.50, which is about $234.00 overpriced. What a huge disappointment. No suction at all. I mean you have to go over a spot or cat hair (forget cat hair) several times and it still has no success.

After my other experience with Dyson vacuums this is a huge, huge letdown and would advise others not to believe the ads or waste their money.

By bakedbean from Amesbury, MA

I got a Dyson DC24 a couple of years ago and I have had great success with it. First of all, it only weighs 11 pounds and is very easy to maneuver. It picks up "things" I didn't even know were there. So, you may have gotten a "lemon". Check it out with Dyson and see if they can/will help you. There is definitely a problem with it. Happy vacuuming!

I have a Dyson Animal 17 - not the ball type. It works great so long as I open up that little place at the bottom where the Hepa filter is and clean it off every time I use it. That thing collects as much animal hair as the container does. Then there's virtually no air flow going through the machine. Does yours have the same type filter? The one that is supposed to be washed every 6 months? Check that out. If it clogged, it's no wonder you have no suction.

I am wondering if there was something wrong with that particular unit? I have never before heard of anyone who was dissatisfied with a Dyson. I have the Dyson animal, and it works very well, far better than any other vacuum I have ever owned.

I've tested and reviewed the DC 24 Animal. I've used both Bissell and Hoover vacuums in the past, but they just don't compare to Dyson. Also having a 5 year warranty vs. just a 1 year warranty give me a lot of peace of mind. It really does pick up the pet hair out of the carpet too! You'd be surprised how much pet hair finds its way deep down in the carpet fibers.

Hopefully someone will find this information useful.

Woman Using Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum Cleaner Product Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and Home Vacuum CleanersApril 26, 2011
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal