GiftsChristmas

Christmas Gift for Boyfriend Who Likes to Build Things

My boyfriend and I have been doing a long distance relationship for about 4 months, he lives in CA and I live in GA. I've thought of a few things to get him or make him, but I'm trying to think of something he won't expect. I want something really different.

He loves to build stuff, so I was trying to play off of that somehow. I'm not trying to be picky, but we're very insync with each other so I don't want him to be able to guess.

By Taylor from Fayetteville, GA

How about a gift card to Lowes or Home Depot?

I agree, a gift card, good luck.

I don't know what your boyfriend likes to build, but my husband always liked to get different types of wood clamps, C-clamps, etc., in various sizes for his wood projects. Home Depot or Lowe's or some such store should be able to advise you. Merry Christmas!

Legos, Legos, Legos! I know, but they are not just for kids. Adults can play too. You can get them like a kit to build a certin thing like houses or whatever. I have done this for a family member who is an engineer. And if he shakes box it sounds like somthing broken, but he won't be able to guess.

I second the Lego idea. My brother got me the Green Grocer Lego set for my birthday last year. My husband and I put it together watching TV in the evenings for at least a week. I was able to tell my boys it was off limit because of the 16+ age on the box. The finished project is so detailed and beautiful. Although, this set is expensive, there are lots of other smaller sets or vehicles and buildings.

http://shop.leg  57&ShipTo=US

What about one of those 3-d puzzles? They are pretty intricate and are in the shapes of castles and different buildings.