Link: Word Web Dictionary and Thesaurus Software

I recommend using "Word Web", a free software program that is a one-click English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows. It is not a spell checker but a dictionary/thesaurus. I have been using it for many years and use it daily. It does not slow down my computer in any way and is safe to use. I have an eight-year-old computer and use a Windows XP SP3 operating system.

Use "Word Web" to look up the definition of a word from almost any program or web site. It shows definitions, synonyms and related words. It also does pronunciations of that particular word.

If you are reading an article on a web site and do not know the meaning of a word, you highlight that word and open the program. It will then give you the meaning and more information about that word.

I have it set-up in my taskbar so it is easily available to use. You need a computer running Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

For more information, go to

There is a paid version and a free version. I use the free version. Be sure to check out FAQs on the web site for a better understanding of this free program.

I hope "Word Web" helps you as it helps me. It is one of my most used programs on my computer.

By mkymlp from NE PA /USA

Great tip and info! I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks much.

I will have to check that out. I have always used www.dictionary.com. It has some good features also.

Computers SoftwareMarch 7, 2011
Computer Browser
Troubleshooting Computer Software
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 5:37:10 PM on 10.0.0.200 in 903 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.