SoftwareComputers

Link: Word Web Dictionary and Thesaurus Software

I recommend using "Word Web", a free software program that is a one-click English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows. It is not a spell checker but a dictionary/thesaurus. I have been using it for many years and use it daily. It does not slow down my computer in any way and is safe to use. I have an eight-year-old computer and use a Windows XP SP3 operating system.

Use "Word Web" to look up the definition of a word from almost any program or web site. It shows definitions, synonyms and related words. It also does pronunciations of that particular word.

If you are reading an article on a web site and do not know the meaning of a word, you highlight that word and open the program. It will then give you the meaning and more information about that word.

I have it set-up in my taskbar so it is easily available to use. You need a computer running Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

For more information, go to

There is a paid version and a free version. I use the free version. Be sure to check out FAQs on the web site for a better understanding of this free program.

I hope "Word Web" helps you as it helps me. It is one of my most used programs on my computer.

By mkymlp from NE PA /USA

Great tip and info! I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks much.

I will have to check that out. I have always used www.dictionary.com. It has some good features also.