Looking For A Laminate Alternative

I am appalled at the price of laminate. The piece I want and only need 4 feet of, I have to pay the 8 foot price! I bought a beautiful china hutch, I am taking the top off for the bathroom vanity. Now my question is, since the prices are so high, what about just polyresining the heck out of the top of the vanity? Would this work and last? Thanks in advance for any help.

Lori from Marion

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

As An alternative you could check flooring scraps of oilskin or such. We covered a beat up wooden desk with a piece in a big black and white squares pattern. It looks fun and is functional with the grid for a work surface. You could easily match or complement your floor or walls.

Buy a clear shower curtain. Place curtain over fabric or paper to be laminated. Cover this with wax paper. Iron on high heat until fused. Peel off wax paper.

Find a good quality marine sealer - one that's used on boats. It should be waterproof enough for your vanity. I'd think you'd need to apply several coats.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceMay 21, 2008
Laminate Furniture
Painting Laminate Furniture
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:35:11 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.