Easy Cat Nose and Ears
Need a quick and easy Halloween Costume? How about an easy cat nose and ears. Meow!
- paper egg carton
- Sharpie permanent marker
- black pipe cleaners
- plastic head band
- felt to match color of nose
- tack, safety pin, or paper clip
- hot glue or rubber cement
- two pieces of yarn
- Cut one of the cups off the egg carton, make edges straight. Paint cup in your desired color (not black), let dry.
- Once dried use a Sharpie permanent marker to draw the tip of the nose onto the end of the egg carton cup.
- Use tack, safety pin or paper clip to poke holes into the side of the cup for the whiskers.
- Poke three holes into each side and thread a pipe cleaner through one hole and out another on the other side. Press the pipe cleaner down into the cup so it will not interfere with the nose. Do the same with two more pipe cleaners cut the ends off to make the whiskers the length you desire.
- Create one more hole on each side feed a piece of yarn through the each hole and tie a large knot on the inside end. You will use these two strings to tie the nose onto your head.
Cut two squares out of the felt so it can be folded in half to make one triangle shaped ear. Fold the square diagonally over the head band and glue together and in place on the headband. Do the same with the second square of felt. Now you have the ears for your cat. You could also use polar fleece or fake fur for these.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
October 30, 20060 found this helpful
I took an old electric cord & covered it with black felt
& made a tail.worked purrrrrrrrrrfect
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 3:43:39 AM on 10.0.2.106 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us