Does Sculpey Stain Walls?

Can you hang baked polymer (Sculpey) clay ornaments on a latex painted wall without the clay staining the wall? I just painted my walls a fresh new white and am a little nervous about hanging my polymer clay ornaments back up. Thank you!

Stevie from Anchorage, Alaska

I'm sure that if you paint the part that will be touching yr walls with clear varnish (nail varnish?), that would provide a sealed surface on the back of the ornaments.

Do you seal them with any kind of a sealer/glaze made for Sculpey? I'm sure they make one. Just be sure the back of each one is well sealed and it should be all right. Is there an inconspicuous spot you could hang on for a test? Near the baseboard and behind the sofa maybe?

I would cut some felt and cover the back of the hanging with it. Attach it with rubber cement which holds well, but can be peeled off later.

Crafts Home DecorJune 25, 2008
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling
🎉
🎄