Buy Solid Color Gift Wrap and Bags After Christmas

After Christmas, I buy all the red, green, gold and silver paper and bags I can find at a very cheap price, sometimes at 75 to 90% off. They can be used for occasions all throughout the year. Red for Valentines Day, silver and gold for weddings, any of the colors for birthdays! Sure can save money this way.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

I do this whenever I can. I don't think it matters if gifts are wrapped in plain red and green other times of the year. Save money wherever you can these days!

Great tip, thanks for sharing I am off to the shops now will keep it in mind!

December 10, 2009 Flag

When you buy your Christmas wrapping paper, try to buy several rolls that are solid colors. Like Gold, Blue, Silver or Purple. Sometimes you can find a plaid, stripe or simple print. These rolls, will not only work for Christmas, but also will work great for birthdays, etc. The Silver and Gold wrapping paper will not only work great for Christmas, but if you have left over, it will work great for Weddings and Anniversaries too! If you buy Solid Red, you can use that later for Valentine's Day and with green, there's always Saint Patrick's day.

If you think about later uses for the wrapping paper and what colors/prints might also work for other occasions, you won't have to worry about having extra left over. When wrapping, I use the Santa, Snow Flake, and Christmas prints first. I leave the solid colors for last, this way if I have leftover, I can use these later in the year.

By Cyinda from Near Seattle

Answers:

Buy Solid Color Wrapping Paper For Year Round Use

When my kids were little and we were being invited to kid's birthday parties year 'round, I did the very same thing. (12/23/2007)

By cookwie

brown paper gift wrap
Frugal Gift Wrapping Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gift WrappingDecember 10, 2009
Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas, Decorated flower pot as gift container.
Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Homemade wrapping paper made with different colored handprints in paint.
Homemade Wrapping Paper
🎄