Gift Ideas for Children in Another Country

I am looking for ideas for USA gifts for 5 yr old S. Korean students learning English. My son is teaching English in S. Korea. His students are so wonderful. I'd love to send them something personal from the USA that would be useful to them.

By tweety124 from Atlanta, GA

What about coloring books and crayons?

It seems to me the invitation of a pen pal would be welcome in the chance to learn the skill taught.

And stationary is always fun for kids.

DON'T forget the coolest stickers and pencils!

I looked high and low for gifts to take to a friend in Singapore. It's hard to find small toys made in the USA. I ended up with Wooly Willy that I found in a small specialty toy store. Here is a link to see what it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Wooly-Willy-Magnetic-Drawing/dp/B00005C12R

The little girl I took it to loved it! Ironically, I used to work at the factory where it is made in Smethport, PA.?tag=thrif06-20

Maybe a Disney movie.

I send DVD's & tapes very often as they are cheap to mail. Maybe a tape & book that the child can follow along with. You could even make a rebus book or purchase one to help with English.

You can find a variety of teaching tools like alphabet flashcards and letter magnets for just $1/ea. at Dollar Tree. These would help them when learning English and they could play games with them, too.

The Eric Carle book series is amazing for beginning readers, and young children love the pictures. You might also look for small rewards your son could use in the classroom for good behavior, like stickers, special erasers, pencils, etc.

What about Dick and Jane books? Couple those books with pictures of kids doing what the book is talking about (if the book says 'Run, Jane, run.', then get a picture of a girl running, etc.). Get some Dr Seuss books or I Can Read It series books. Also, scour some older and used bookstores for older teacher material (thinking cost effective here). Flash cards, pictures with the words underneath it. Also, see if you can DVDs or such of Sesame Street (I found and bought the first DVD of the classic Sesame Street series--1969 to 1974-- and they are pretty good.) Blues Clues is pretty good once they start to grasp English.

Ya - I would go with dr. seuss books. Here is a list, for 5 year olds the bright and early books are probably better suited. http://www.seussdude.com/list-books.html

Althought disney movies could also work as they may already be more familiar with those.

Holidays and Parties Gifts ChildrenMay 12, 2009
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country
🎉
🎄