Paint Color for a Great Room with Ebony Glazed Cabinets, Black Countertops, and Red Oak Floor

I have a kitchen that is being renovated to become a great room and I am searching for a paint color. I have maple autumn cabinets with an ebony glaze and my counter top is black. I have a red oak hardwood on my floor. What color would you paint it? The dining room is adjacent to the great room.

By Dee from Methuen

Taupe is neutral and goes well with dark colors such as ebony.

What color is your dining room? if it were me i would paint my dining room a different color to show there are two different rooms. I think I might be able to give feedback if you can tell me the color of your dining room. Right now, I think the color terracotta - think Italian kitchen and villa - would warm things up maybe. Hope you write back about the dining room!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 1, 2010
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets