Cook with Butcher Paper for Easy Clean-up

Did you know you can cook just about anything and ease clean up with butcher paper? Use it in the oven to cook bacon, bread, chicken, or your favorites and the ease of cleanup will amaze you. Excellent item to have around as you can also craft with it.

By Glenda from VA

Would you use this instead of parchment paper (which I use all the time)? I'd like to know, since butcher paper would be a lot cheaper!

Where can I get butcher paper?

Dea

Just don't use the plastic lined. And also, even though you CAN use it should you? Is it meant to be cooked on? Are there chemicles in it that would leatch out into the food when heated? I think I woulod stick with parchment paper since it is designed to be cooked on.

I am confused. I have parchment paper. I have Reynolds Freezer paper (white with one plastic like side and one side is just paper). I have a large roll of plain brown paper about 4 foot tall. Do you mean this large plain brown paper roll?? I do lots of baking and arts and crafts. What store sells butcher paper? When I look online I just see tiny pics of big rolls of paper and cannot tell if it is like one of mine or not. Please be specific. Thanks.

Or, Is this like the brown paper bags from the grocery store?

Costco used to carry the very large rolls of white butcher paper. It is not the same as parchment paper, nor is it the same as Freezer Wrap that's made by Reynolds. Butcher paper is heavier than most computer copy paper, and it comes in a roll (very heavy) and you have to tear or cut off the amount you want to use. There are many craft uses for it as well as being great in the kitchen, gift-wrapping etc.

If I remember correctly, I paid less than $15 for the roll with at least 150 yards on it I think.

HokeyPoke

I found this info on butcher paper, and that it is waxed. Here is the link I found out about this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5993801_cook-brown-paper.html

This paper is brown, apparently.

Robyn

I have three rolls of old butcher paper for doin' pencil drawin', but, I'm pretty sure if I put in the oven, I'd have a fire. I don't think I'd go there.

Butcher Paper Rolls
Uses for Butcher Paper
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJune 16, 2010
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Knife and Butcher Block
Butcher Block Care and Maintenance
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄