George Washington and Christmas Decorating Ideas

Does anyone have any ideas on how to incorporate George Washington and Christmas into decorating for the holidays? It for something at my work. We can do just about anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Needs some help from Omaha, NE

How about Christmas at Valley Forge? Being a man of great faith, Christmas meant much to Washington, but he also had to endure a terrible winter in his battle to help his new country win it's freedom.

Was it Lincoln or Washington that supposedly said "I can not tell a lie, it was I who chopped down the cherry tree? Anyway, you could do a play on words & use the words "Christmas tree" or "Pine tree" in place of "Cherry tree" but I have to admit, this is a HARD one to answer! Or to keep it simple, you could just do an old-fashioned Christmas with log cabins with snow on them.

I visited Colonial Willamsburg at Christmas time, and it influenced my decorating forever. They are only allowed to use natural elements and items available during Colonial times to decorate. Perhaps they have pictures on their website, but the place was beautiful, and included mistletoe, holly, pine dried fruit and nut wreaths, garlands made of shells, flowers, candles. I'm sure the Washington's would've decorated in this way/style in their time.

I also had been going to suggest you do a websearch on Christmas in Colonial Willaimsburg, Virginia. I know there are special things they do in Williamsburg around Christmas time. However, I live in PA and forgot about Valley Forge, PA. I think Washington and his men spent Christmas at Valley Forge during the Revolutionary War. They certainly didnt do anything special to celebrate and were lucky if they found food. But perhaps you can find how Christmas was celebrated during that time period in PA. Valley Forge is near Philadelphia. The houses are made of stone like Pennsylvania German's built them during that time period. They are also called "Pennsylvania Dutch." Good luck. Its an interesting project. I"d go with natural elements available in the woods at that time. There was no money to buy anything.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Holidays and Parties Christmas DecorationsDecember 9, 2008
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Washington Christmas Charities
George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill