Shining Brass Buckles on Coach Purse

I am trying to clean up an old leather Coach handbag and the buckles and closures are solid brass. I am having a hard time trying to find something to shine the brass buckles with as I have tried Brasso but it does not work. Do you have any suggestions?

Best Answer

I believe Coach has a lifetime guarantee on all of their handbags.

If you go to a Coach store, they will send your bag for you. I believe you have to pay shipping.

Coach will refurbish your handbag at no cost to you.

I'd also try Coach online - maybe they have suggestions on how to clean their brass fixtures.

Good Luck!

Smoochie

Best Answer

After reading this link, I called Coach and they said to use Brasso on the brass hardware, but to avoid getting it on the purse.

??? Are you sure it's brass?? Becaz Brasso should clean it!

You could try other metal polishes - altho Brasso usually cleans a wide variety - maybe it's lacquered?

Héloise has suggested A1 steak sauce and also catchup for shinning up brass.

I use Wenol metal polish-good on all metals. I got a tube of it at Williams Sonoma ages ago. Don't get any metal polish of any kind on the bag, however

I make a paste out of the dry "barkeepers friend" scouring powder and rub it on. let it sit a bit, and then wipe it off. worked on the brass stuff at church.

Unfortunately, I've had a few brain cells pass away in the past, and cannot recall the daggone name of the stuff, but my military now-ex-husband had a wonder fix for bright brass. It comes in a can and looks like dirty cotton, but polishes brass buckles to a fantastic shine. Maybe call a military surplus store to get the name of it. If I recall it soon, I'll post!

The name of the polish "denimnlace4" is trying to think of, is "Never Dull". It is a great metal polish. You can buy it in the automotive department at Wal Mart. It comes in a small silver and black can.

Just found this on-line. I just found a great old Coach bag at a garage sale, the only problem is the brass looks worn. I think it's a coated brass and it's actually the coating that is coming off. I'm trying to figure out how to restore.

Coach says on their website they repair but not restore, so I don't think shining up brass is something they would do.

Home and Garden Cleaning MetalFebruary 14, 2008
Antique Brass Sink
Cleaning a Brushed Antique Brass Sink
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Brass Buddha figurine on floral fabric.
Homemade Brass Cleaner Recipes
🎄