Used Books Make Great Gifts

contest winner icon

Birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day, etc. All of our charity thrift shops sell used books, for children and adults, usually priced at $.50 for paperbacks and $1.00 for hardcovers. Our library does, too. Sometimes these places have "sales" and you can pick up ten kids' books for $1.00.

A gift bag of books in nice condition, hand-selected by you based on the receiver's interests, makes a wonderful, personal present at a very low cost. Plus you're supporting the charity or library at the same time. And you avoid the crowds at the mall! :)

By NatashaLee from Exeter, NH

When my kids were growing up they always each got a big box of books for Christmas. I still give them at least one book for Christmas now. Btw, they all love to read and I think all those Christmas books are what did it.

This only works in the right situation, but it worked wonderfully for me. I got married last October and had tons of wedding magazines and books. My aunt is getting married next fall. She told me that if I had any wedding planning books (especially on how to save money) that she would love to have them for Christmas. I got a big box and filled it all the wedding books and magazines that I had, mixed in with decorative fall leaves that had been left over from our reception. Her and her fiance loved the gift and my husband was glad to get rid of them!

Blue Book With Bow
Giving Books As Gifts
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts FrugalDecember 23, 2009
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Book Lamp
Crafts Using Books
book with a bow
Giving Books for Christmas
🎉
🎄