CostumesHalloween

Making a Wig for a Costume

For a halloween costume Im looking forward to going as the ghost of Marie Antoinette. My problem is wigs are so expensive. Is there some way I could make something with cheapish materials looking historically accurate? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Gloria from CA

I wonder if you could use the material that is sold as spider webbing this time of year to fashion an "updo" that would be etheral..........

could you do soemthing with hairdressers cotten roping that they use to keep perm solution from seeping down under the plastic bonnet they put over your hair? it comes in a box i think that is all one continuious roping of cotton, so you could hot glue or stitch it around a sock cap. which you could make from an old sock or pantyhose to fit over your head .

ZOMG! I have the perfect thing for you! I'm being Marie Antoinette this Halloween and for a wig I'm taking a brown paper bag that can fit on my head, taking a bunch of pieces of paper, rolling them into little cilnaders, gluing them on and spray painting them. I got the idea from this book: http://www.amaz  ag/dp/0811832201

If you are going to be a ragg doll for the wig you can use a red knit hat and latch hook red yarn in to the hat like a latch hook rug.My kids were thing one and two for halloween one year and they looked great and kept them warm outside.