Spooky Stepladder Ghost Decoration

I did this years ago, but it was really fun, and met with a lot of excitement by those who came by for Halloween. I set up a 6 foot stepladder, close to the house and kind of apart from the light, which was on so kids wouldn't trip and fall. I hung a white sheet over the ladder, and set a very small, moving fan on the fold out part where you put a can of paint or whatever. (The ladder is turned so that the fold out part is at the back).

Now, to top it off, put a good size pumpkin, heavy enough to hold the sheet in place, (or tack the sheet first), on top of the ladder, with a really good face carved on it. You can use a candle, or be safe and use something that is not going to burn. I did use a candle, as I was watching constantly.

Here is the very best part, tuck a CD player or such in a safe place, and play appropriate, spooky, Halloween sounds. The combination of flickering light, slightly waving sheet, with the fan aimed down to just give the hint of movement, then the spooky sounds? It was a hit!

Source: I made it up, about 20 years ago, and all the neighborhood kids loved it!

By Loretta from Theodore, AL

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

I love this idea and will be using it this year. Thank you.

Spooky Halloween Ghosts Outside
Outdoor Halloween Decorations
Holidays and Parties Halloween Decorations OutdoorOctober 13, 2009
Cupcakes decorated like ghosts.
Making Ghost Cupcakes
Halloween Wedding Ideas
Halloween Wedding Ideas
Ghost Finger Pen
Making a Ghost Finger Pen
Child in Ghost Costume
Making a Ghost Costume