Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Craft Uses for Sugar Bags

Thick paper sugar bags have crafting potential. This is a guide about craft uses for sugar bags.

March 12, 2012 Flag

Many brands of sugar include a cookie recipe on the bag. This gave me the idea to make the cookies as a gift, then turn the sugar bag into the gift bag. The recipient receives a nice treat as well as the recipe all in one bag.

Directions:

1. I simply emptied all the sugar into my canister, then flattened the top end of the bag.
  2. Using a small bowl, I drew 2 semi-circles that would be the bag's handles and continued the lines down to the top of the bag's graphics.
  3. I cut out inside the handles area, through front and back, and the excess around the sides.
  4. Ad

5. I also reinforced the inside of each handle with card stock cut to the same shape as the handles.
  6. I used a bit of red yarn to tie them together, but you could leave the handles plain.
  7. Fill your bag with sugar cookies. This one holds about 18. I wrapped them in waxed paper packets of 6.

Now you're ready to give someone a unique gift.

By Gloria from western NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great idea!

cute : D

Thanks, Lewis and ToBe. Glad you like it.

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersMarch 23, 2012
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 28, 2017 at 1:28:18 AM on 10.0.0.140 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.