Share Crafts

Craft Uses for Sugar Bags

Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft

Thick paper sugar bags have crafting potential. This is a guide about craft uses for sugar bags.

Solutions: Craft Uses for Sugar Bags

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

"Sweet" Gift Bag

Many brands of sugar include a cookie recipe on the bag. This gave me the idea to make the cookies as a gift, then turn the sugar bag into the gift bag. The recipient receives a nice treat as well as the recipe all in one bag.

• sugar bag
  • scissors
  • small bowl
  • pencil
  • cardstock
  • glue
  • yarn or ribbon

1. I simply emptied all the sugar into my canister, then flattened the top end of the bag.
  2. Flattened sugar bag

3. Using a small bowl, I drew 2 semi-circles that would be the bag's handles and continued the lines down to the top of the bag's graphics.
  4. "Sweet" Gift Bag Craft

5. I cut out inside the handles area, through front and back, and the excess around the sides.
  6. I also reinforced the inside of each handle with card stock cut to the same shape as the handles.
  7. Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft

8. I used a bit of red yarn to tie them together, but you could leave the handles plain.
  9. Fill your bag with sugar cookies. This one holds about 18. I wrapped them in waxed paper packets of 6.

Now you're ready to give someone a unique gift. Gift bag made out of a sugar bag

By Gloria from western NY

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!