Craft Uses for Sugar Bags

Thick paper sugar bags have crafting potential. This is a guide about craft uses for sugar bags.

Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft

"Sweet" Gift Bag

By ~gloria 94 150

Many brands of sugar include a cookie recipe on the bag. This gave me the idea to make the cookies as a gift, then turn the sugar bag into the gift bag. The recipient receives a nice treat as well as the recipe all in one bag.

• sugar bag
  • scissors
  • small bowl
  • pencil
  • cardstock
  • glue
  • yarn or ribbon

Directions:

1. I simply emptied all the sugar into my canister, then flattened the top end of the bag.
  2. Flattened sugar bag

3. Using a small bowl, I drew 2 semi-circles that would be the bag's handles and continued the lines down to the top of the bag's graphics.
  4. "Sweet" Gift Bag Craft

5. I cut out inside the handles area, through front and back, and the excess around the sides.
  6. I also reinforced the inside of each handle with card stock cut to the same shape as the handles.
  7. Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft

8. I used a bit of red yarn to tie them together, but you could leave the handles plain.
  9. Fill your bag with sugar cookies. This one holds about 18. I wrapped them in waxed paper packets of 6.

Now you're ready to give someone a unique gift. Gift bag made out of a sugar bag

By Gloria from western NY

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersMarch 23, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Pillows covered with scarves.
Craft Uses for Old Scarves
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Air Filled Packing Bag
Uses for Air Filled Packing Bags
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2016 at 1:07:54 AM on 10.0.2.14 in 956 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings