Browsing: Getting Rid of Slugs or Snails in the House

Slugs Inside My House

How can I get rid of slugs? They come in my living room every night and climb over everything and leave their awful slime. I got one the other night so thought that would be the end of it, but no. There must be loads of them! I need some help on this, the slime is driving me mad.

By Rosie931 from UK

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Find out where they come in then place a thin strip of copper foil tape along the door base or window. The slugs won't crawl over copper. This is great for window boxes! You can find copper tape at plant nurseries or hardware stores. I bought a large roll for around $5 - $7. It comes in several thickness. A thin piece of real copper screwed down will also work.

Slugs don't like to crawl over anything scratchy like sand that cuts. Put some around the outside of the house. You could also glue loose sand over a large cardboard and lay it down at night where the slugs are entering/exiting once you learn that and lift it during the daytime. Good luck!

I would sprinkle salt over doorways and on the carpet and all over. I do that for flea control also in the house, that and vacuuming. I hate slugs. I know they hate salt so I would put salt over everything.

I do this every night, i put salt round the edges of my carpet but they still seem to slime there way round my living room and dining room, i wont walk around my house without hard bottom slippers on incase i come toe to toe with one of the little horrors! Im at the end of my rope as i have 2 dogs and a cat so firstly the fact they could eat them is scarey but then i have to find ways to get rid of them without harming the pooches! Nightmare!

Put out a glass of old beer. Or do you call it ale in the UK? I remember some gardener telling me that that will get rid of them.

Wow! I am so pleased to know that I'm not alone. The post by Stuart on 01/14/09 sounds just like my situation. In fact, I first saw the trails on my carpet two weeks ago and couldn't figure out what was happening. Then last week I caught one and put it outside. I thought that was it. But then, tonight I ended up relocating three more slugs. So- I promptly freaked out and searched online about how to get rid of them. I'm now concerned that they may have laid some eggs under my filing cabinet or bookshelf. I will try your suggestions with the salt tonight! Thank you all for posting.

Salt! Salt will stop them in their tracks, I put Sea Salt on my porch and anywhere else I see them, they are stopped immediately and die. Doesn't have to be sea salt, it's just easier to see where you've put it.

Hi I don't even know how they are getting inside back kitchen! Looking at drain pipes outside no holes around them, solid concrete floor, no gap under back door now, please how are they getting in, any answers?

I have been using salt but they are still getting in my home. It doesn't help that my home is severely damp & my landlord says it's just condensation which it's not, he's not damp proofed the house or had the re-pointing done among other repairs that need doing.

Any way I found slugs on my worktops, drawers, cupboards, kitchen sink, bathroom walls, ceiling, in the sitting room, coming up the stairs etc. I have found that spraying everywhere with domestos bleach spray works a treat if sprayed every night xx

A small snail next to a dime.
Getting Rid of Slugs or Snails in the House
Home and Garden Pest Control Slugs and SnailsJune 26, 2009
Slug eating a leaf.
Keeping Slugs Out of Your Garden
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Slug on a Leaf
Getting Rid of Slugs
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 24, 2016 at 11:03:14 AM on 10.0.1.72 in 377 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.