Santa Hat Purse

This is so easy to make and inexpensive.

Materials

• a cheap Santa hat
  • material for the liner, less then 1/2 yard
  • small amount of black material for handles
  • Ad
  • thread

Instructions

1. You take the Santa hat and lay flat.
  2. Take your pom pom and bring it up to the bottom of the white fur rim. Cut across, put this aside.
  3. Take the top part and lay flat on your liner material. Cut out hat shape, adding approximately 1/2 inch around.
  4. Take your hat and sew across the bottom, put aside.
  5. Sew around your liner, leaving the top open. Insert this into hat top. /li>

6. Match the seams up. Fold down top of liner to match that of hat.
  7. Make your two handles out of the black material.

8. Take tip of hat and position it under the liner and pin in place.
  9. Pin your handles on each side of the hat tip. Put the other handle on the opposite side matching it up with your other handle. Pin in place. Sew around the top of your liner.
  10. Take out pins and walla! Santa hat purse.

This is not my idea, but makes a quick and cute idea for the young and young at heart.

By Madeline from Jacksonville, AL

Very cute! I love Santa hats!

BTW, it's "voila", not "walla"...it's a French word. :-)

I posted one too several weeks ago. When I saw yours, I though it was mine. HA!HA! Aren't we cleaver?? HOO! HOO! HOO!

This is so cute. I'm going out to buy a Santa hat (or 2) right now!

it's wallah to me. It's an American word.:-) meaning and there you have it; there it is; and here's something I am proud of.

nice revisited idea.

below the "type box" on the submit an idea/recipe page there is also a box to list the source...where YOU got the idea...if you have no idea where you first saw it - say "i don't remember where I first saw it"

pretty simple that way...GREAT idea though - i do wonder what BRAIN out there DID first imagine it LOL

(it definatly was not me)

rotf <<<< (i wish have that good of mind)

http://www.google.com/search?q=Santa+Hat+Purse&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIK_en <<<<

Nice revisited idea.

below the "type box" on the submit an idea/recipe page there is also a box to list the source...where YOU got the idea...if you have no idea where you first saw it - say "I don't remember where I first saw it"

(it defiantly was not me)

rotf <<<< (I wish have that good of mind)

http://www.google.com/search?q=Santa+Hat+Purse&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIK_en

I love the hat purse. Whoever made the idea up is genius, but you and Little Suzy are terrific too for sharing.

Now about the debate on voila and wallah, I'm for voila. Voila means the same as wallah, going by your definition. My reasoning is that you should use the word as it was coined and changing it is dumbing down. Haven't we dumbed-down the English language sufficiently? Must we start on the French now? I'm an American and I've never had to change foreign words to my spelling. Try garage, parfait, etc. Want to respell them?

Very cute purse! I have a couple of Aunties who love items like this so might just hurry and make them one to put under their trees :-)

WildIrish is correct, Voila is indeed French and means "And there you are (as if by magic)". Wallah is Hindi meaning "One employed in a particular occupation or activity" ;-)

wow. how cute.

I must have missed the previous posts as this is the first one I seen. but who cares who posted it when. there are so many other posts that have been put on here more than a few times.it isa still a wonderful idea for "everyone"that posted it

First time I've seen it and yours is very cute. Thanks for posting the directions and the picture. I don't even carry a purse but I like it so much I may make a run to the dollar store tomorrow so I can make one.

Mine was never posted on here ladies. I just mentioned the fact that I sent it in. When I saw Madeline's I thought it was mine. I suppose they had a lot of these sent in and had to choose one over the rest. I still think it's a wonderful idea. The reason I made one is because I saw someone carrying one last year at this time. I had been making other purses too so thought I'd try it. I had a Santa hat at home so made one using my own version. I left the point on with the pom pom. I suggested you could wear it with the point hanging down or pin it up. To save time you could not use a lining. Afterall, you'll probably just use it a few times then put it away for next year. Merry Christmas everyone. Hoo! Hoo!

Very cute hat!

Now for the voila/wallah debate: I would presume that "wallah" is being used as the phonetic pronunciation of voila, but then it should actually be pronounced "vwallah"! :-)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/voila

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wallah

I'm just loving it! Easy and cute to boot! Merry Christmas EVERYONE!

Santa hat with gold thread snowflakes
Making a Santa Hat Purse
Crafts ChristmasDecember 18, 2008
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
🎉
🎄