Add Cinnamon to Coffee

When you make coffee in your coffee maker, espresso machine or French press simply add a dash of ground cinnamon to the coffee grinds and make coffee as usual. You'll have a wonderful treat that's good with breakfast or dessert!

By Cyinda from near Seattle/Tacoma

I tried that w/ reg coffee in a reg pot but the cinnamon did not dissolve all the way. it left a big gunk at the bottom of the pot. Even after stirring it it didn't all dissolve. I've tried it putting the cinnamon in w/ the grounds as well as adding the cinnamon to the brewed coffee.

@Robert and sharons61755 - Try using a cinnamon stick instead.

@ cinderella12977 - try using a squirt of Hersey's Chocolate or your favorite brand.

February 5, 2010 Flag

When making a pot of coffee, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the coffee in the filter basket. Brew as usual. It will taste like the best gourmet flavored coffee.

By Holly from NJ

Cinnamon Coffee

I do that too, it IS really good! I've been meaning to try adding a bit of vanilla instead of the cinnamon but haven't tried that yet. (02/06/2006)

By wendee

Cinnamon Coffee

I've been doing this for years too! It really helps to cut the bitterness of cheaper coffee and perk up beans that are past their prime! (02/07/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

Cinnamon Coffee

I put about 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring into the coffee filter basket along with the coffee before brewing; it makes a smooth, tasting coffee. I have tried other flavorings and it tastes so good. I have ground fresh nutmeg into the coffee before it is brewed; different flavor. (02/07/2006)

By WandaJo

Cinnamon Coffee

The cinnamon is great with a dash of vanilla either in the basket or the brew pot, and don't stop there. All the flavors and imitation flavors in your spice rack will perk up your coffee.

In the Southwest, we sometimes throw a whole tepin pepper in the pot or the cup, depending on how much "heat" and pepper taste you enjoy. (01/19/2008)

By John

Cinnamon Coffee

I have a Bunn and it drops in 3 minutes. Problem is that basket fills up and run all over the place. I'm only using 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of cinnamon but it still flows over. Any ideas to solve my problem? Wished I had small tea bags or something to keep cinnamon from plugging. (08/09/2008)

By Robert

Cinnamon Coffee

Make sure the Cinnamon that you buy is real Cinnamon and not Cassia. Cassia has a high level of coumarin and is sold as Cinnamon in the US and Canada. So the next time you buy Cinnamon make sure it is real Cinnamon and not a substitute called Cassia. (02/12/2009)

By Cinnamon

Cinnamon Coffee

I am a big chocolate coffee fan. Any suggestions for that? (09/24/2009)

By cinderella12977

Cinnamon Coffee

To Robert, I had this problem also - I now use cinnamon extract. Works great! (09/24/2009)

By WYcowgirl

Cinnamon Coffee

Robert, as long as I stir the cinnamon into the coffee grounds I've never had a problem. Also, make sure that you're not putting in too many coffee grounds. (09/24/2009)

By Maryeileen

Cinnamon Coffee
Cinnamon Coffee Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesFebruary 5, 2010
Cinnamon Sticks
Buying Cinnamon Sticks
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker