Recommendations For Donut Chains

We haven't had decent donuts in years. None of the ones we've tried over the last decade can compare to the donuts from our youth. So, is there a donut chain that you'd like to recommend that comes close to what we remember? Don't think we're over indulging - this is just for the occasional treat several times per year.

Holly from Richardson, TX

My all time favorite donut is Krispy Kreme. I like the glazed, the filled and the donut holes. Going to a Krispy Kreme shop is the best treat of all!

Do they still have the "Dutch Maid" chain? Those were exceptional!

Dear Holly-

I live quite close to you in Dallas. I would recommend you try Dunkin Donuts. They are new to Texas, but I grew up with them in Michigan. The cruellers (sp) are my favorite.

Hannah

Take a jaunt to Canada for Tim Horton's donuts.

Tim Horton's -- and you can find them in some of the North Eastern states -- Michegan for one.

Dunkin Donuts used to be my favorites, but now the taste is different. I used to indulge in the occasional cruller. Sigh :( .

You don't have Shipley's donuts in your area? They're the best as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know if you have a Servatii's bakery or Busken Bakery near you or not (I know they have them here in Cincinnati), but thier donuts are wonderful.

(Personally I prefer local bakerys over chains, if you have any in your area you should check out thier donut creations)

Here the best donuts are at Safeway. They are fresh baked all day long and are better than most.

Krispy Kreme! Nothing else compares. Yeast donuts with a glaze -- yum! They are so much better than the cake style donuts that most chains carry.

Spudnuts:

http://spudnutshop.com/

Scroll down the page and on the right side are stores listed by state. There are a few in TX.

I live in Missouri and we have a gasoline chain Casey's. They have the best donuts around. The old fashioned are the best. Krispy Kreme is just OK. Good luck!

Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 12, 2008
Robot Shrinky Dink
Making Your Own Shrinky Dinks
Bread Machine Donut Dough
Bread Machine Donut Recipes
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Growing Carrots
Growing Carrots
🎄
🍂