Making an Artificial Tree

Maybe you can help me. I would like to make a tree, and I have a idea how, but I am not positive how to proceed.

Here is what I am doing. I have a pipe about 6 feet tall. I covered it with chicken wire, then I put cement over the chicken wire and pipe. I smoothed almost everything out, so it looks like a tree trunk.

Then I put some more cement on a couple different places so it looks like a left over knob from a cut off branch. I have some pipes that are medium around for the branches. The only problem I have is, I have no idea how to connect the medium pipes to the main pipe (tree trunk).

How do I put the branches and the leaves on it? Where can I get some big leaves? Can you help me? I love your arts and crafts and I did a lot of them with the Girl Scouts. Please respond. Thank you.

I knew a teacher who turned a supporting post in the classroom into a large tree. I forget how he did it. It was an inside tree though. I was looking at this, and here is one link I found:

I like trees too, and one day I will probably make one for the house!

Have fun!

hand decorating tree
Making an Artificial Christmas Tree
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeApril 14, 2011
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Artificial Christmas Tree and Decorations in a Box
Storing an Artificial Christmas Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Artificial Christmas Tree
Artificial vs Natural Christmas Trees