Make Ham Gravy From Drippings

Easter is coming. Try this. Bake your ham, however you like. The drippings in the bottom of the pan, make great gravy, like you would make any gravy. Add a little flour, water and stir, add to drippings. Wait until you try this. My mother made this for years.

P.S. You can freeze this also. I freeze it in small amounts so whenever all the Easter Ham is gone and I purchase a ham slice or two, I add this gravy, you will love this. Please try this.

Source: Ham Gravy is a tip from my mother.

By Carol from Blairsville, PA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

My mom used to make gravy from the ham dripping's. It was good esp to us kid's.She used pineapples,brown sugar and cloves for the glaze. It made a very good gravy, my cousins said it tasted like candy. But everyone loved it! I am a gravy lover and I know just how you feel about the gravy from the ham it is great! dar

Once you taste ham gravy over fried sweet potatoes, you'll never be the same. It's one of life's finer things.

Thank you, we will try it.

Comment

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMarch 13, 2008
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Freezing Cooked Ham
Ham Loaf
Ham Loaf Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 2:14:16 PM on 10.0.0.137 in 305 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.