Freezing Miniature Pumpkins

Does anyone know if you can freeze those little miniature pumpkins and reuse them as decorations again next year? I bought two dozen of them and hate to throw them away. I've had them outside and they still seem to be ok.

If you tried freezing them, and then thawed them out, they will turn to mush.

If you see that they are in good condition, you can cut them open, remove the seeds and boil them until they are soft like squash and make pumpin pies and bread.

Why don't you make some pumpkin bread and share it with family, friends and neighbors.

She's probably talking about those mini ornamental pumpkins which you cannot make any food out of to my knowledge. You can't freeze them either. We used to grow them in the garden and I just kept them in a basket as a decoration for as long as they'd last. They do last quite a while but eventually will start getting soft and even moldy and then it's time to pitch. I used to keep gords and the mini pumpkins long after the Fall so just enjoy them for as long as you can.

Not sure about freezing them, but here's a fun way to extend their use. After Thanksgiving spray paint them white, stack them up and decorate to look like snowmen!

I think freezing would retain too much moisture and damage the "tissue" of the pumpkin. BUT, has anyone tried to dry them on low heat or some other way, maybe like gourds?

Photo of several pumpkins.
Freezing Pumpkins
Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving DecorationsNovember 26, 2007
Fall decoration with pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn.
Decorating with Pumpkins
painted pumpkins
Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them
Cupcakes decorated as pumpkins.
Making Pumpkin Cupcakes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants