Helping 95 Year Old Mother with Christmas Gifts

My 95 year old Mother found buying and wrapping gifts for her 50 descendants was too big a chore. We took a picture of her on her birthday and printed 50 wallet size photos and bought her Christmas cards and postage stamps. Now we will enjoy sitting with her and helping address the cards. She loved the idea.

By Lois from Ontonagon, MI

A very thoughtful idea and a clever solution. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Blessed will be your memories of these times. Maybe you will inspire others to do the same for their parents & elderly family members. Stamps and cards/stationary are a great gift for anyone that lovs to write and get "REAL" mail in retirement homes and nursing homes. But the best gift anyone can give is a visit...a few moments of your TIME...a 15 minute or 1/2 hour visit. Take them out for a drive or lunch. It means the world to lonely souls. God BLess, GG Vi

That was a nice gesture for the 95 year old. But at 95, no one should be expected to buy presents for anyone. I guess there should be a cut-off age for buying gifts unless the person really wants to continue. Maybe retirement age would be good.

My mother is not quite there yet, but due to $$$$ and the fact that i have EVERYTHING i need, i have asked her for either a letter, or a box of her killer chocolate chip cookies. I save the boxes (they are pretty) and mail them back to her.

I am inspired! My Mom is 92! She would love that! Her 93rd birthday is in June. I'm thinking ahead, thanks to you, with a great idea! Thank you so much!

My mother started getting passes to the movies from family members. She loves the movies and the prices are so high today that are just what she needs. She'll be 90 this winter.

Box of Christmas donations.
Helping Others at Christmas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsDecember 18, 2007
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Paper with letters spelling Happy Mother's Day, ribbon, flowers, and glitter hearts
Homemade Mother's Day Gifts
Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day Craft Ideas