Dog Passed Away Suddenly

My 12 yr Shih Tzu died over the weekend. It started a week ago when he couldn't move his hind legs. After an X-ray which seemed to point to a slip disc, he was given steroid jabs with Vit C and after two doses, he was walking alright and pretty much back to his usual self walking and eating.

However, the subsequent eight doses were difficult to administer but he was still acting normal until the last dose when he stopped eating. My dog has seldom loathed eating. He is ever begging for more food. I sent him in to the emergency ward and he never came out.

An X ray done while he was hospitalized showed that his heart and stomach had enlarged and we couldn't see his liver. This was in stark contrast to the X-ray a week earlier when everything was clearly seen. What could have happened? The vet said it could be a hernia or a tumor. I was shell shocked and very saddened. He was my love.

By Joon from Singapore

Sorry to hear that, I dunno what i would do without my pooch. My condolences.

I can't imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry.

I am so sorry that you lost your precious furry friend. So many times the veterinarians try things to make our pets comfortable and it causes other problems. But maybe they were already problems but they didn't realize it. I lost my 19 year old cat on Christmas Eve - I am grateful to have had so many wonderful years with her and that she went quickly instead of suffering. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Rainbow Bridge

(Author Unknown)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His/her bright eyes are intent; his/her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly s/he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his/her legs carrying him/her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone form your life but never absent from your heart.

Then together you and your special pet cross the Rainbow Bridge...

Pets Dogs HealthDecember 28, 2009
tips for new moms
Time Management Tips for New Moms
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Antique Violin
Finding the Value of Antique Violins
photo of a dog
Causes of Sudden Death in Dogs
🎄
🍂