Craft Project: Advair Doll Chair

If you have empty Advair Diskus inhalers around, start saving them. With just a bit of Super Glue and felt, your Barbies and maybe even larger dolls will have space-age customizable seating.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

• 2 empty Advair Diskus inhalers
  • Super Glue (the cheap kind works fine !)
  • Goof-Off or adhesive remover
  • A rag
  • A small bit of felt
  • scissors

Instructions:

Obtain two or more Advair Diskus inhaler shells. If it's not one of your prescriptions, it's an asthma controller. Ask around, it's a popular medicine. You can even ask your doctor for any expired samples. The shells pop open easily and the medicine can be removed.

Remove the Advair labels on both sides. This usually leaves adhesive behind, so remove it with a bit of Goof-Off or other solvent on a rag. Make sure it's clean and dry. Discard the rag in an outdoor trash can.

Decide how you want your shells to look together. You can match 'em or offset them, whichever way looks best to you is the right way!

With your scissors, cut a small circle of felt to fit in the center circle of the lower Advair shell. A bit of Super Glue will place the felt there permanently. The felt is necessary, because the shells won't stick to each other, the circle rim prevents it.

While keeping in mind how you want the shells to look, apply more Super Glue to the top of the felt piece and the bottom of the other shell, inside the circle. Press them together the way you want, just know that once the shell touches the felt, it's more or less there for life!

Press down a bit, and you're done. You can weight it down if you like, but I haven't found that necessary. And you now have a new use for those discarded Advair Diskus shells. 7) Once it's dry, customize! You can glue more together for taller dolls. Or add a cushion, or paint. How about taking a simple square of fabric, adding beads to each corner, then draping it over the top ? Or add a discarded CD-Rom and make a table. It's up to you! Advair Diskus is a trademark of GlaxoSmithKline, and I am in no way affiliated with them. I just had to do something with those purple plastic pieces!

By Dorrie from Norman OK

Craft Project: Advair Doll Chair

Craft Project: Advair Doll Chair

this is great! thanks for the idea!

Thank you - I was afraid it was too silly, too specific, or too obvious for the site, but I still wanted to contribute ! It's sort of an offshoot of the Barbie 'Aqua Net' hairspray can lid chairs from my younger days.

I'm working on a second version - using Ice Breakers mint containers instead of Advair shells. The Ice Breakers containers come in blue, green, pink, and brown, for that decorator touch ! You'd need two or three of 'em, and you still get to enjoy the mints, and use the top one and maybe the bottom one for small storage !

Cute idea! This is what we all need to do- put on our thinking caps and figure out a 2nd use for things.

Wow this is great. I never would have thought of doing that. I use advair and I also use the rescue inhalers.Now I am wondering if something could be made from those. They are shaped like a boot.

Serevent inhalers are in green and darker green, and the exact same shape and size!

(happy grin) I'm glad this gave our collective thinking caps a nudge ! Thanks, everyone - I really thought this was too stupid to submit, but your words make me glad I did !

About the inhaler 'boots' - well, Babs & Ken and other small dolls can wear those when they break their legs skiing ! Kind of like a 'soft cast'. You can wrap it up in gauze or toilet paper if you don't like the various colors of inhaler ! They already have a chair to rest on...

Or they can be the final touch to a kickin' doll-size Transformer costume ! Naaaah, I 'm kinda reachin' for that one !

Oh wow I use servent inhaler now I can make a few chairs for my little nieces for their barbies. I just thought of an idea why not make a couch with these?

Dorrie, what a crafty and clever idea! I really

like the pic with Barbie sitting on her

stylish chair. Good idea for making

Barbie's world 'green'.

Photos CraftsFebruary 15, 2009
Chairback Caddy
Making a Chair Caddy
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎄