Removing Persistent Odour in Fridge

I have a persistent odour in my fridge. I have cleaned it top to bottom and it still seems to be there. Can I put any cleaning products down the drain inside the fridge, as it looks "gunky"?

By Pauline from Dunfermline, Fife

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Use a bottle brush (like the ones available for baby bottles) to clean the drain area and pull the drain pan out from underneath the fridge and wash it. To remove the pan from underneath the fridge just pull the grate on the bottom of the front of the refrigerator off and slide the pan out.

Personally I wouldn't use any kind of chemicals to clean any refrigerator parts; only vinegar. Also, it wouldn't hurt to keep an open box of baking soda in the refrigerator in the future to help absorb odors. I keep mine in a back corner on the shelf above the vegetable crisper.

Photo of a woman holding her nose in front of her refrigerator.
Removing Spoiled Food Odors from Refrigerator
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMay 8, 2011
Cleaning the inside of a refrigerator.
Removing Stains From Inside a Refrigerator
spilled milk on carpet
Removing Milk Odors on Carpet
Woman holding nose while standing in front of open refrigerator door
Cleaning Rotten Meat Odors from a Refrigerator
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 3:34:49 AM on 10.0.2.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.