Saving Money on Outdoor Furniture

Tips for saving money on outdoor furniture as suggested by the ThriftyFun community.

Use a Regular Table Instead

As you know, outdoor dining tables with their umbrellas cost a fair piece of change. Instead of purchasing something so expensive at the height of the season, why not just put a nice oval sized kitchen table outside on the patio like I did.

If you can wait until about August or September, you should be able to buy one of those all around enclosures with the netting for a much marked down price. One of these tables could probably be picked up at the local swap meet pretty reasonably. Also, check your bargain section of the classifieds.

A request can be made to your local "Free Cycle" as well, after joining for free. Just check out http://www.freecycle.org/. Then again, you could get lucky like I did and find one set out in the yard that had a "Free" sign on it. It was in excellent condition. Sure can't beat the price on that! But, then God has blessed me many times over. Thank you and God bless.

By Mary

Buy Off Season

Fall is the perfect time of year to buy outdoor furniture. The retailers are marking them down to make room for all the holiday stuff. Just buy it now and keep it until next year.

By Jess

Take Care Of It

Don't leave your patio furniture outdoors all year round. Store it away until the weather is nice again. This is true for your barbecue, portable fire pit or any children's toys. Stored properly, they should last for seasons.

By Maisie

Garage Sales

Garage sales are a great place to find good deals on outdoor furniture. Wood furniture can be fixed up, cushions can be replace and metal can be painted. Even worn furniture can be reconditioned to match your outdoor decor and style.

I DID THIS AND THE TABLE BUCKLED ,ENGLAND IS QUITE A RAINY COUNTRY, WE GET A LOT OF SUMMER SHOWERS! DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY OF PROTECTING THE WOOD FROM INCLEMENT WEATHER?

My son made patio furniture in Industrial Art class. They used deck stain on it, the same thing used for the actual deck, so it stands up to the elements very well.

Another trick is to use the same varnish or paint on the wooden furniture that is used on boats.

Think outside of the box -- and use furniture that is not specifically for the patio. If you have a covered deck or patio, you can use just about anything you want as it will be protected somewhat from the elements.

I have a large patio, and quite a rustic fire pit. I use a large driftwood log for additional seating. I just had to haul it back from the lake. I am also using the small table that was part of my kid's furniture when they were little as a little side table on the patio.

Outdoor Furniture
Saving Money on Outdoor Furniture
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture BuyingSeptember 12, 2008
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Squirrel Outside
Squirrels Damaging Outdoor Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Outdoor wicker style chairs with fabric covered seat cushions.
Recovering Outdoor Furniture Cushions
🎄