Create Cleaning Incentives

If you are a reforming clutteraholic, like myself, you probably need something like a 12 second reminder to stay focused on a task, just to get it done.

Recently, I began timing myself and husband, turning it into quite a fun game. We had a total of 6 countertops to get cleaned and cleared so I gave us literally minutes on the clock for each counter. If we finished sooner, we could add those minutes to the next counters minutes and select a prize from our treat bowls. No, it's not what you think. Our treat bowl consist of desires and wants that we both have like, foot massage or have spouse run a bubble bath or even "quiet time" for those of you with kids. My husbands favorite treat is blueberry pancakes for breakfast, mine is to get a foot massage!

We do the tasks together and that makes it so much better and fun. Then, we get to sit down and enjoy the fruits of our labor, literally!

By Felicia from Apache Junction, Az

Home and Garden Cleaning TipsFebruary 10, 2006
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses