AdviceHealth & Beauty

Bioidentical Hormones

Have any of you used the Bio-identical hormones? If so, can you tell a difference, how long did it take for the improvement. Your experience with it?

Jean from Athens, GA

Hi,

I was on bioidentical HRT for five years. It worked well for me.

These formulas are the closest to what your own body makes and do not have to be broken down by the liver --two very big pluses IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Took me a few months to notice improvement, but much improvement after about 6 months

Thank you very much for your answers. I plan to call a specialist in Atlanta this week, right now I am researching for one. Thank you again. Jean

They actually ARE what your own body makes, I'm told. I have been on them for about 12 years, and as far as I'm concerned, I'll always be on them. When I experimented with stopping them (they cost plenty) I got all the usual symptoms which were very life-impacting, plus in about two weeks too much hair started falling out! I guess I read too much Suzanne Somers (a great advocate of hormones, yes, the blonde TV star). I like my hormones!

I used it successfully for 2 years and then, one hot summer, it stopped working. The pharmacist said that in the summer a lot of her ladies needed a boost, so she'd tell them to also take red clover pills.

I ended up with the red clover and not the cream because it was $75 and not reimbursed by insurance. But it was great while it worked. The red clover helps.

Notice the word "cure" isn't mentioned.