Inexpensive Wedding Favors

I am wondering if anyone has any good inexpensive (of course), not too time consuming, and fun ideas for wedding favors?

Jen from Des Moines, WA

Please don't use cracked corn! My son and daughter in law used this and it left a thick nasty dust coating over her gown and his tux! I love the idea about the dyed rice, that would look really neat but isn't it still bad for birds to eat?

You could go to the party store ,and buy a bag of little round paper confetti, they come in all colors, or the roll of string paper, [like people use on New Years eve]. the paper confetti comes in plastic bags. you can take it out of the plastic bag and take a small hand full, wraped it in red Saran wrap or clear , tie with red and black thin ribbon, the guest can unwrap and toss the confetti as you leave the church, hope i have helped .

have butterflies released.or 2 doves.or maybe balloons released.,birdseed is always an option,confetti....good luck in whatever you choose.

try a candy bar.

get bags or boxes colored with the wedding theme and the bride & groom's names on the bags/boxes. then, the guests can fill their bags with whatever candies they like...

have maybe 5-6 candies to choose from that fit within the theme of the wedding.

October 17, 2006 Flag

I am looking for a cheap and original wedding favor to give to guests at my wedding reception. I do not want to use bubbles, rose petals, or rice. Our colors are black and white with red accents and there will be about 300 people in attendance. I have been thinking for months on this, and haven't come up with anything yet. Also, my fiancé and I are hispanic, so anything along that ethnic line would be fine as well. i only have 4 weeks until the wedding, the sooner the responses the better!

Thanks so much,

Melissa from Topeka, Kansas

Answers:

Strawberry Tuxedos

How about some strawberry tuxedos. If you could get a group of your family and or friends to help you they would be done in no time. You could purchase small white boxes at a candy supply to put them in. They would have to made the day before.

You'll find instructions at:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf739160.tip.html (04/27/2006)

By Annie.

Fans

I think fans might be an original idea (and they are a spanish item) - at least I haven't seen that at any weddings lately. You could perhaps get them cheaper by ordering them in bulk and then decorate them yourself maybe adding ribbons and little tags with your names and the date, etc. If regular size fans are too expensive you might look for miniature ones at a lesser price. Good luck and God bless!

(04/27/2006)

By kathleenes

Inexpensive Wedding Favors

I was thinking maybe red candies or candles wrapped in white tulle and tied with black ribbons. maybe this website will give you some ideas. Congratulations on your wedding. (04/27/2006)

By micksgirl

Red Hots

You could use Red Hot's candies and they would go great with the wedding colors and aren't that expensive either. I'm having a wedding in November and using the same colors as yourself. GOOD LUCK! (04/28/2006)

By smathis123

Clarification

I AM SO SORRY! I forgot to say these are favors we want people to toss at us as we are leaving the church, just something different from bubbles, rice, or rose petals. thanks for all the great ideas on candies and fans, we may use these ideas for the tables. thanks again, i know thrifty fun subscribers are fast thinkers and will have just the thing i need! (04/28/2006)

By melissa perez

Hugs and Kisses

I was looking through wedding favor ideas for my son and saw a cute one.
Buy Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. Wrap one hug and two kisses with red tulle circles and tie with black ribbon with the following note. " A hug and kisses from the new Mr. and Mrs."You could put "Thank you for sharing our special day!" followed by the bride and groom's new address. (04/30/2006)

By Debby

Dyed Rice

I know you said that you didn't want rice but do you realize that rice can be dyed with food coloring? It is actually pretty appealing to look at. (05/11/2006)

By Nancy

Bird Seed

I have seen birdseed used as the churches don't want rice. It is wrapped in net and tie with ribbon. Good Luck. (06/07/2006)

By onorall

wedding favor candy tins
Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas
Weddings Wedding FavorsOctober 17, 2006
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A fancy cookie wedding favor.
Edible Wedding Favor Ideas
Homemade wedding favor.
Homemade Wedding Favors
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄