Crafts Using International Coffee Tins

I have 15-20 International Coffee tins with the red lids. Does anyone have suggestions for a craft?

By Betty from Houston, TX

I've seen this done with the use of cans by binding tightly together enough of them to form a circle. Heavily pad over and around them and you could use eggcrate shell mattress pad to go around this for additional comfort and padding. Cut fabric to size and sew to create a foot stool or a child's small stool.

We used them to make personal first aid kits, back when my daughter was in fourth grade or so. I've also used them as coin banks, with a slot cut in the plastic top, and as a sorting bin for beads, buttons, etc. I'm coming up on 75 of them empty in my garage now, so I'm hoping inspiration hits soon.

They would be a good substitute for the tuna can when making a pin cushion. (Cover the can and wrap stuffing with fabric and glue into the bottom of the can) besides who said some things have to be round! A sticky note pad holder or business card holder would be a nice gift. Holiday baskets can be small rectangles. There are a million kinds of containers to make with small cans. Have fun!

You can make them into a decorative train for party favors for a childs birthday. Simply paint them different colors, add large buttons for wheels, use a round can for the engine with a spool for the smokestack. Use a piece of ribbon glued to the bottom to connnect them and fill with party favors. When kids leave, simply cut off a car, put on lid, if desired, and send home with them

Crafts Recycled CraftsJanuary 12, 2011
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
Game made form an Altoids tin.
Crafts Made Using Altoids Tins
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins