Dyeing Satin Shoes

How do I dye satin shoes? What kind of dye do I need and where can I buy it?

By Lora from Milwaukee, WI

I have always heard that it should be done professionally at a shoe repair shop or have the dealer send them a place that dyes shoes.

January 17, 2011 Flag

Can I dye gray, satin shoes an eggplant purple? What sort of dye should I use?

By Kirstin from Aliso Viejo, CA

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

Yes that was done a lot "back-in-the-day", especially for bridesmaids. They'd buy a liquid shoe dye that was made specially for this and you'd apply the dye with a dabber that came with the bottle of dye, or we would go to a store that sold wedding dresses and they would dye the shoes to match your dress for free if you bought your shoes from them.

Call or e-mail these guys and ask them. They know everything about dyes and dyeing and they sell just about every quality dye available!

Dharma trading: 1 (800) 542-5227
www.dharmatrading.com

* For some reason, their web site is down as I write this. But, I'm sure they are still in business. If you can't bring up their web site, just call them. They are simply amazing in their vast knowledge of dyes! (03/18/2010)

By Cyinda

Dying Satin Shoes

I had bought bottles of shoe dye from "Michaels" a while back. (03/24/2010)

By castleberrycc

July 7, 2009 Flag

I have a gold pair of satin shoes. I only have 3 days to re-dye these shoes. I could not find the perfect pair in navy blue, but found the perfect shoe in the wrong color. I have to do these myself. I don't have time to have them done by someone else.

By Tawanda3 from TX

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

It's a little late for this, your 3 days are up, but Payless Shoe Source will dye your shoes for you. (04/19/2009)

By Anonymous

April 14, 2009 Flag

I have a pair of white satin shoes that I want to dye (at home) sage green. Where do I find the dye for shoes? Payless will not dye them unless they are bought there. I don't want to pay a fortune at David's Bridals.

YMD from Florida

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

Yes you can dye white dyable shoes to off white with tea. I just did it right now. I made a strong tea with hot water and a bit of vinegar (which I used to dye my veil), then, I used one of the tea bags and rubbed it on the shoes lightly. I just did it as a test to see if it worked and it was great! They are now exactly like my dress (off white/ light ivory). (11/05/2008)

By Patty

June 17, 2008 Flag

Does anyone know how to remove a light pink dye from shoes? I have had 3 pairs shoes dyed, trying to make a taupe color and they turn out pink. I would like to remove the pink (which is light) and try and get a taupe color. Also, if you know how to dye satin shoes yourself and get a taupe color.

Kathy

Answers:

Dying Satin Shoes

I have always heard that dye on satin shoes could be bleached out. I did try it on dark green once without much luck,as it spotted.But by the color being light pink I'd say the bleach technique would work. Good luck. (09/27/2005)

By Sharon,Ky

Dying Satin Shoes

Have you tried to dip or paint them using a strong tea solution? You might not need to take out the pink at all. (09/28/2005)

By Diamondee

Dying Satin Shoes

I used to work for Payless Shoesource and they sent off for their dyed shoes. Maybe they'd have tips. If not, try a dry cleaners, seamstress, or even a high school home ec teacher. (09/28/2005)

By KLS8800

Dying Satin Shoes

I dye wedding shoes in my store where we sell all "dyeable" shoes. When I make a mistake in a color, I just bleach it out. I use a mixture of half water to half bleach. let it sit on the color for 5 min. then rinse it off under the faucet quickly. Pat it a little dry, then neutralize the bleach by applying white vinegar to the shoe. Rinse it again and let it dry. "Dyeable" shoes are made differently and can be wet without damage to the shoe. You make taupe by mixing a few drops of black to the Universal Lightner which is like water, until it is a pale gray- then add a couple of drops of brown and yellow until you reach the desired shade of taupe (09/30/2005)

By Carol

Dying Satin Shoes

Satin shoes can only be stripped of dye if they are meant to be dyed. I mean, if the fabric was originally white. Fabric that was woven as a colored fabric won't strip well, if at all. If the fabric was originally white, no problem. If not, shoes can still be died if you are going to a much darker color. Keep the original color in mind to go darker as we all know how two colors
combine to make a third. Then follow Carol's instructions (09/20/2006)

By CJ

Crafts Clothing ShoesJanuary 17, 2011
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Pink wedding shoes.
Dyeing Wedding Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
🎄