Cleaning Furnace Filters

Do you buy those cheap cardboard furnace/ac filters and replace often throughout the year because they get dusty and dirty?

Even though they are cheap, I find that I can vacuum the dust off the filters carefully and reuse them.

I take the filter out of the furnace and other intake filters and take them to the garage or do the vacuuming on the floor. I use the hose of my vacuum and carefully suck all the dust. Remember not to rub the fine filters too hard. Then place the filter back in just as you found it.

It's best to do this often so as to not have your filter overflowing with dust. I probably check my furnace filters two/three times a year when I want to dust them myself.

Gail from AZ

You can do the same with car air filters.

furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingSeptember 15, 2005
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
Furnace Filter
Changing a Furnace Filter
Coffee filter with coffee in it.
Saving Money on Coffee Filters