Reuse Produce Boxes and Packaging

In the produce section, there are the large apple boxes that come with recycled layers of pocketed cardboard (like eggs) that protect the produce during shipping. They are kind of lavender in color. These work so well for storing fruits and vegies/and the boxes themselves are great too. The top fits down over the bottom.

By Pamelaw from Sun Lakes, AZ

This is a really good idea but keep in mind that with food boxes cockroaches often lay their egg casings in them. I learned this the hard way when I used corrugated produce boxes donated from the grocery store once and, before I was finished unpacking, dozens and dozens of baby cockroaches were coming out of a couple of them :-o I am not saying not to use them but just be careful and wipe the boxes out really well ;-)

In These Guides
A box with packing peanuts in it
Saving Money on Packing Materials
Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 15, 2010
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 6:12:04 AM on 10.0.2.128 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.