"Clean Out The Fridge" Dinner

Have a "clean out the fridge" meal. Go through your cupboards, fridge and freezer and combine foods. I use old Salsa on noodles with left over cheese. This cleans out your supplies and rotates your cupboards.

By Lisa from WNY

I do something similar. I go through the fridge and pull out things that need to be used up; I go through the pantry and look for things that go with whatever I pulled out of the fridge. Then I try to make a dinner with those items. I keep a short list of recipes that easily incorporate leftovers into them. For instance, leftovers can often be added to soups. Leftovers can also be added to noodles and eggs to make a fritatta to be served with some salsa over it. I also make a tortilla casserole that easily incorporates some leftovers. Any time I use a recipe and think to myself, "that's a recipe that can easily be changed to accomodate things I have on-hand" I add it to my list of recipess for leftovers.

We have leftover night, You can pick what you want to finish up. The kids think that is so great. They can eat what they want, so they think. This works for me.

My mom used to call it "the feast of the relics". I never understood what that meant until I was holding my own "feasts".

When I first got married many many moons ago I did not keep leftovers. I felt guilty about serving my "new husband" left over food. Then as I learned and got a family to feed and the price of food sky rocketed, I learned that leftovers aren't so bad after all. Now when I cook I TRY to make leftovers. Chilli , stews, spaghetti are all great heated up in the microwave. I fix a big roast in the crock pot and have leftovers for my lunches the next day!! And do NOT be afraid to ask for a "people" bag at the restaurant. Leftovers from your favorite restaurant are just as good the next day.

This method is how I make my lunches to take to work.

I like to make "clean the refrigerator soup" using old vegetables and leftovers, add some soupbase to the water and there you go!

Take Out Containers in Refrigerator
Using Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversSeptember 26, 2008
Spaghetti Dinner
Spaghetti Dinner Recipes
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
🎉
🎄